The Muppets © Disney

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if anyone has noticed this, but it seems the Muppets are no longer © Muppet Studios, The Muppets Studio, LLC or The Muppets Holding Company. I've been seeing Disney phase The Muppets © Disney for most of the new products - not just the movie-related ones. The Muppets are no longer treated like unwanted stepchildren kept away from the ball. They're celebrated members of Disney's blended family! Yaaaaaaay! :smile:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I wonder if the next instance of a Kermit clip appearing on Sesame Street, whether the show itself (which I sort of doubt will happen, since the show rarely shows any pre-HD stuff and Elmo's World will be dropped next year) or on a DVD, will note this in the credits.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm not sure if anyone has noticed this, but it seems the Muppets are no longer © Muppet Studios, The Muppets Studio, LLC or The Muppets Holding Company. I've been seeing Disney phase The Muppets © Disney for most of the new products - not just the movie-related ones. The Muppets are no longer treated like unwanted stepchildren kept away from the ball. They're celebrated members of Disney's blended family! Yaaaaaaay! :smile:
I'm kinda mixed about it. I KNOW they're a product of Disney, and they completely own the Muppet Show and Bear characters... but I kinda liked the distinction of the Muppets Studios, much like the rebranded Marvel Studios. I'd feel just as uncomfortable seeing (C) Disney on Spider-man as I would Kermit, even though they are owned by them Lock, Shock and, Barrel (who for the longest time had (C) Touchstone, now (C) Disney). But I really hated the awkward "Muppets Offshore Cayman Island Holdings LLC, ABCDEFG." Personally, I'd like a compromise of a written "Muppets Studios/Disney" copyright, shorthand either MS/D (Japanese toy style) or even just Disney if there's a space issue, like on the Pez.

Yet, this is something that would have thrown the entire fandom into an angry panic back in 2006. Now we have a movie, a product line, the promise of another movie to come and who knows what else. They have been put back into the spotlight, and now sporting (C) Disney and no one's running around saying that the sky is falling. It's amazing how far we came. We actually quite trust the Mouse now (other than some little buggaboos, which are forgivable looking at the state of the company they were sold from). If they are indeed (C) Disney now and forever, it's okay by me.

DannyRWW

Reaction score
I do like that Disney feels the Muppets are viable now, but I do wish Jim Henson's name was still on the logo. Not that Disney isn't showing respect to him. Just look at the pictures of Jim in the movie and the Star ceremony.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I do like that Disney feels the Muppets are viable now, but I do wish Jim Henson's name was still on the logo. Not that Disney isn't showing respect to him. Just look at the pictures of Jim in the movie and the Star ceremony.
I'd like to see a Nickelodeon/Cartoon Network type thing that gives him a creators credit. Sort of like a "Disney Presents The Muppets (by Jim Henson)" label...

If anyone has any Spongebob merchandise, you look at the copyright notice on the bottom, and it has Steven Hillenburg's name at the bottom after the Nickelodeon copyright. Something like that. But they don't have to.