The Muppet Show with special guest star Rex Harrison

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Right now, Matt and I are working on turning the outline into a full script. We're hoping to get some web space to start a Muppet fan fiction site, which you're all welcome to contribute to. Still investigating details on how to set one up cheaply, or free if possible, just without too many pop-up ads (one is ok I guess, more than that is irritating). If anyone's got ideas or suggestions on how to go about this, I could really use 'em. Also if anyone here is particularly skilled with Adobe Photoshop or some similar program, I'm looking for someone to make 'screencaps' for the 'episodes'.

Script for The Muppet Show with Rex Harrison is coming along well, and it is going to be FUNNEEEE!

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

Beauregard

Reaction score
I may be able to make some screen clips for you. Provided I can get some good pictures of Penguins... :zany:

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Just an update on the full script: the first draft has been sitting almost finished for over 9 months now (I started the script expansion almost exactly 11 months ago, so that part took me a span of not quite two months). Everything is done except for the Swedish Chef sketch, which I'm still not sure how to write. Maybe I'll figure it out in the next week or two. Dang, the things we leave collecting dust.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Deanmo19 said:
Actually, Uncle Deadly and Gladys never appeared in "The Muppet Show"'s fifth season.
I know! :wink: That was one of the reasons we put them in there!

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Deanmo19 said:
In fact, why don't you change the fifth-season style to the third-season style.
Because I like it the way it is.

I didn't realize until just today that Gladys only appeared in Season Three. Her replacement, Winnie, only appeared in one episode, so it's easy to forget.

As for Uncle Deadly, true he didn't appear on TMS beyond Season Three, but there was no reason for him not to. That I view as happenstance, not as law. Same with Gladys.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
I agree, so would you mind fixing the season styles for that Rex Harrison outline.
YES, I WOULD MIND. I'm doing it the way I want to do it, the way I envisioned it, i.e. REVIVING Uncle Deadly and Gladys for a Season Five episode because unlike say, George the Janitor who was replaced permanently by Beauregard, or Hilda whose performer retired from puppetry, there was no specific justifiable reason to get rid of the characters. True, they never did appear in Season Five, but there's no reason that can be given as to why they didn't. They weren't used a whole lot to begin with, so they were probably just forgotten, but COULD HAVE appeared in Season Five if the writers had so designated (i.e. were not written out of the show for a practical reason).

I wanted it in Season Five b/c of the visual style. When I pictured Harrison on TMS in my head, it came out around the time when Glenda Jackson and Roger Moore were on the show, and with that same visual style (which can't be simply tranplanted into Season Three). If I were to switch, I'd have to re-do the cold opening, which btw leads into the first Kermit intro AND a running gag.

Not to mention, I like it the way it is.

So no, I'm not going to 'fix' the season thing to suit someone else's opinion of how it should be done. Why do you treat it like it's some kind of necessity?