The Muppet Show Season 5 Episode 10 - Jean-Pierre Rampal

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The Muppet Show Season 5 Episode 10 - Jean-Pierre Rampal
US/New York Premiere: Saturday January 17, 1981
Disney+ Premiere: Friday February 19, 2021

Mademoiselle Piggy grows weary of being the only refined person at the Muppet Theatre. Lucky for her, Kermit has informed guest star Jean-Pierre Rampal that she speaks fluent French, and the flautist looks forward to chatting with her in his native tongue. Alas, the pig must beg off, as she's come down with a sudden case of laryngitis...of the ear!

Watch on Disney+

Muppet Wiki Guide

Other Releases

This is the first time this episode has been commercially released or streamed since its original broadcast.

If you saw "The Muppet Show" with Jean-Pierre Rampal on Disney+ please like this post and share your thoughts below.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
All this time, I was under the impression that Lips never appeared in a backstage scene, so I was pleasantly surprised to see him backstage as the Electric Mayhem left the stage and walked past backstage (I did not know the band was in this scene). I also like seeing Bunsen and Beaker on the backstage balcony. Something about how they look there is great.

I knew that Karen Prell performed the Rockin' Robin, but I did not realize she appeared in a later scene and had dialogue. I thought it was just something confirmed somehow (whether by Prell in an interview or behind the scenes footage or something else), I had mistakenly thought Prell never did a speaking role on The Muppet Show. Though both Brian Meehl and Betsy Baytos did, so it didn't seem right that Prell would be the only of the three occasional performers to not do a speaking part.