The Muppet Show Season 3 arrives May 20, 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score

dwmckim

Reaction score
Just to answer in regards to a special look at season 3 in the muppetcentral episodes guide to coincide with the season 3 dvds...

It was my original plan (and i even announced) that i would have both season 3 of the episode guide up around the same time as the dvds come out as well as improvements to seasons 1 & 2.

However, i have been getting hit hard almost non-stop with one tragedy after another affecting health, family, jobs, and money and with everything going on, this just wasn't possible. If i make it out of what i can honestly say has been the lowest point of my life (and given what the last seven years have been like for me, that's saying quite a lot) alive, i'm hopeful to instead do a revamp of seasons one & two plus have all three remaining seasons added to the guide sometime before the release of the season 4 dvds. I know some people were waiting on this, but the dvds themselves should be good enough to make everyone think "muppetcentral guides wha? d.w. who?"

Doubtful i'll be on the forums for awhile - those of you who believe that a benevolent higher power exists may pray for me if you so choose, my prayers certainly don't go anywhere.

Resting with a fermata...

You&I&George

Reaction score
Hey, there. A friend of mine who works at the local Wal-Mart was able to give me a sneak peek of the DVD set today and I have to say, seeing it in person the effect was... meh.
I'd hate to say anything negative, and this is just my opinion, but I'm not a big fan of the packaging. When I first saw it I was really dissapointed. Because the design is less abstract than the first two seasons Fozzie's face comes off as being very two dimentional. Look at the picture of the packaging with the photo of Fozzie and imagine solid orange and pink fuzz for his hair and nose. This is the same type of fuzz that was on the first two seasons, but because Fozzie is more furry than Kermit or Piggie it makes him look very flat.
Like the season 2 design Fozzie mixes some harder, cardbord details with the fur. His eyes, eyebrows and hat are all photo-like. This makes the fur seem more out of place, and makes the design look kind of sloppy. The design seems much less detailed than the first two seasons. While Kemit's collar looked very neat, Fozzie's nose looks like a child's art project. It's not so much an oval than a blob.
Maybe I'm being too harsh, but I loved the designs for the first two seasons and I was really surprised how much I disliked this packaging.
Sorry about the negativity, but I was so surprised I was wondering if anyone else has seen it and what they thought about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.