The Muppet Movie/ Oz??

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I've read that some of this movie is based on Jim Henson's career. here are the similarities I thought of:

*Kermit meets an agent named bernie. Jim Hensons agent was Bernie Brillstien.
*the first Muppet Kermit met was Fozzie Bear. Fozzie was performed by Frank Oz, who was the first performer from The Muppet Show that jim Henson hired.
*The movie producer is named Lew Lord. he was named after lord lew grade, who made it possible for The Muppet Show to be on the air (and also gave Jim Henson the money to make The muppet Movie).

I think The Muppets Take Manhattan might also be similar to Jim Henson's career, due to the fact that in that movie, most broadway producers rejected Kermit's musical while in real life the networks rejected The Muppet Show. Also, Manhattan Melodies eventually got a producer, Ronnie Crawford, who got help from his father, Bernard Crawford. I think Bernie is short for bernard, and Jim Henson's agent was named Bernie Brillstien. Also, during Bernie brillstiens first meeting (or job interview) with Jim Henson, he considered not representing Jim Henson untill during that meeting he got a phone call from somebody who asked if he had heard of Jim Henson's Muppets and told him he should manage Jim henson. In MTM, Bernard Crawford wasn't really pleased with Ronnie's choice of a musical to produce but agreed to help out anyway.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Was Once Ernie said:
2¢ <---- Hey! Does anybody still use that symbol?? :smile:
Holy missing links. Batman! I haven't seen that in ages! How the heck do you do that!? :stick_out_tongue:

On Topic - So what's the symbolic equivelant of the Yellow Brick Road? Interstate 40!? Wocka wocka!

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
Holy missing links. Batman! I haven't seen that in ages! How the heck do you do that!? :stick_out_tongue:
¢¢ Ancient Chinese secret! ¢¢

:stick_out_tongue:

Whatever

Reaction score
Yes, Danny Horn pointed out on Tough Pigs when we were debating if MWoO would be made that the Muppets had already used that plot.

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
I've read that some of this movie is based on Jim Henson's career. here are the similarities I thought of:

*Kermit meets an agent named bernie. Jim Hensons agent was Bernie Brillstien.
*the first Muppet Kermit met was Fozzie Bear. Fozzie was performed by Frank Oz, who was the first performer from The Muppet Show that jim Henson hired.
*The movie producer is named Lew Lord. he was named after lord lew grade, who made it possible for The Muppet Show to be on the air (and also gave Jim Henson the money to make The muppet Movie).

I think The Muppets Take Manhattan might also be similar to Jim Henson's career, due to the fact that in that movie, most broadway producers rejected Kermit's musical while in real life the networks rejected The Muppet Show. Also, Manhattan Melodies eventually got a producer, Ronnie Crawford, who got help from his father, Bernard Crawford. I think Bernie is short for bernard, and Jim Henson's agent was named Bernie Brillstien. Also, during Bernie brillstiens first meeting (or job interview) with Jim Henson, he considered not representing Jim Henson untill during that meeting he got a phone call from somebody who asked if he had heard of Jim Henson's Muppets and told him he should manage Jim henson. In MTM, Bernard Crawford wasn't really pleased with Ronnie's choice of a musical to produce but agreed to help out anyway.
Wow, that's really well observed. I think you could be right. :smile: