The Muppet Movement: 50 States 50 calls to Disney

David French

Reaction score
Attrition Muppet Show fans!

There is a new group starting and we are calling on all Muppet Show fans to join. This group is called "The Muppet Movement", and our goal is to have daily phone contact with The Walt Disney Company @ 1-800-723-4763 and ask them to release seasons 4 & 5 of the Muppet Show in some fashion. So please follow the link, join and share in this movement. Because together we can be heard!

We also have an event coming up called "50 States 50 Calls to Disney" which is set for November the 3ed. The goal of the event is to have one or more people from each of the 50 States and beyond to call Disney on that date asking for the Muppet Show. If you would like to join us for the event please comment on our page or below on who you are and what state your calling from.

For our International fans and friends fear not for I am on the search for the best possible e-mail address for you all to use, You to can send e mails on the event date that way we are hitting this mission on all fronts.

Thank you all for you support!

All the best,

The Muppet Movement Team!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/658627787585349/
Normally I am a very calm poster on the internet. On this occasion DON'T BLOODY WELL DO SUCH A RIDICULOUS THING!!!

What exactly is this going to achieve? Answer: nothing except the ire of the Walt Disney Company.

I understand that fans are exasperated at the lack of news about a potential release of the final two seasons of TMS, however bombarding a production company with phone calls is not the way to go. I would politely ask that this "movement" and its members re-think their strategy. Your idea is dumb. Very dumb.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Normally I am a very calm poster on the internet. On this occasion DON'T BLOODY WELL DO SUCH A RIDICULOUS THING!!!

What exactly is this going to achieve? Answer: nothing except the ire of the Walt Disney Company.

I understand that fans are exasperated at the lack of news about a potential release of the final two seasons of TMS, however bombarding a production company with phone calls is not the way to go. I would politely ask that this "movement" and its members re-think their strategy. Your idea is dumb. Very dumb.
Wow!

You could have been a little more nice about this first off. I take this movement and idea very seriously, and I do think that it will do some good to at least try. I have seen movements like this work in the past. Sure it was with different companies, but I honestly believe that Disney will listen to what the fans really want. It may take time, but I think it will really work.

On a personal note, when you call one of my ideas dumb it is as if you are calling me dumb as well. As a senior and some what well respected member of this forum I would highly recommend that when sharing your opinion you choose your words a little better. One mission of Jim Henson's and the Muppets that this forum tries to uphold is that of tolerance, and respect of others. You would do well to remember that when your bashing another persons ideas to the ground. You may not like my idea, and that is fine and I can respect that. However you do not need to call my idea, me or any members of this movement dumb.

Thank you for your input, and have a good day!

misspiggy5260

Reaction score

It may not be the way to go but we're gonna try anyways. In case you're new, us muppet fans are absolutely downright CRAZY. When we call Disney we're most likely going to be connected to different people. All it's gonna take is someone with the power and the guts to bring it up and get the two seasons that we want out in stores. Because after all.... if just one person believes in you deep enough and strong enough believes in you... anything is possible. Now, There was absolutely no reason to calls Dwayne's (lovely by the way:wink:) idea dumb! He's one of the best members on this forum in my opinion. He's always been there for the younger members and treated us like his little siblings. I don't know you, nor do I have a wish to after your actions in this thread but, like Dwayne, I kindly ask you leave us to do our thing and keep your negative opinion to yourself.

Muppet Master

Reaction score

Look, someone is working hard to get us what we want, and all you want to do is throw rude comments at their face? I suggest if you are going to oppose something, which is perfectly fine, to not go and insult someone and keep cool, thanks.

dwmckim

Reaction score
I do understand David French's concern and get where he's coming from - if this was done in a very rude and harassing manner, then yes - it would tend to do more harm than good. But this campaign has been very careful to stress keeping calls polite and respectful and will even be providing examples of ways to to just that.

In my life i've been heavily involved with three Save a Show campaigns (and now that Twin Peaks is returning to television in 2016, i now have a 100% success rate :smile: ) including the infamous Save Farscape campaign (not to mention the fan movement to release complete series dvd sets of Fraggle Rock which goes back to the forum's earliest days) and i know full well that fan movements to influence major company's output are made or broken by the tone/manner in which they're done. Rant like a raving nut and your comments go straight to the circular file; maintain an air of courtesy and professionalism and you can have major impact.

It may not have been expressed in the best way but the concern behind David's post is valid. But the way this campaign is being handled is in a respectful way which can be very influential and powerful as opposed to the Mad Rabid Fanboy way David was picturing and trying to warn about.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I do understand David French's concern and get where he's coming from - if this was done in a very rude and harassing manner, then yes - it would tend to do more harm than good. But this campaign has been very careful to stress keeping calls polite and respectful and will even be providing examples of ways to to just that.

In my life i've been heavily involved with three Save a Show campaigns (and now that Twin Peaks is returning to television in 2016, i now have a 100% success rate :smile: ) including the infamous Save Farscape campaign (not to mention the fan movement to release complete series dvd sets of Fraggle Rock which goes back to the forum's earliest days) and i know full well that fan movements to influence major company's output are made or broken by the tone/manner in which they're done. Rant like a raving nut and your comments go straight to the circular file; maintain an air of courtesy and professionalism and you can have major impact.

It may not have been expressed in the best way but the concern behind David's post is valid. But the way this campaign is being handled is in a respectful way which can be very influential and powerful as opposed to the Mad Rabid Fanboy way David was picturing and trying to warn about.
Thank you from someone who has done things like this before your kind words mean a lot. I may send you a private message one day to get some advice and see if I'm going in the right direction.

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score

David, please calm down! No need to get mad! We're all having a polite discussion about this matter, until you came. This movement is fine the way it is, and once again, you're calling us dumb people if you're saying this movement is dumb. I highly disagree.

Duke Remington

Reaction score

I agree.

Even though David could've expressed his opinions in a more polite and professional manner, it's understandable where he's coming from.

I, too, would be concerned that an attempted movement like this could easily end up backfiring, because there will always be some people who prefer to stay in rabid lunatic fanboy mode (ignoring the rules and suggestions that they be polite when contacting the company, since it's easier to catch flies with sugar than with vinegar) than at least try to be polite and express their concerns and disappointments in a courteous, rational and professional manner. One bad apple could easily throw the whole thing off track, so it's best to be watchful.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I agree.

Even though David could've expressed his opinions in a more polite and professional manner, it's understandable where he's coming from.

I, too, would be concerned that an attempted movement like this could easily end up backfiring, because there will always be some people who prefer to stay in rabid lunatic fanboy mode (ignoring the rules and suggestions that they be polite when contacting the company, since it's easier to catch flies with sugar than with vinegar) than at least try to be polite and express their concerns and disappointments in a courteous, rational and professional manner. One bad apple could easily throw the whole thing off track, so it's best to be watchful.
I honestly do understand the concern, but at least we are trying. I'm sure that there will be some tough times throughout this movement, but we have to try. I personally feel it is doing an injustice to Jim and everyone else who worked so hard on the last two seasons for people not be be able to watch the show in it's entirety. I also feel like so many others that it is an injustice to us Muppet fans who love The Muppet Show to not be able to own a copy of all the seasons.
This honestly may be the wrong way to go about it, but I'm tired of just sitting on the sidelines, and nothing being done to let Disney know that fans want the Muppet Show.