The Muppet Mindset

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Honoring JIM HENSON with our 100th Weekly Muppet Wednesday spotlight KERMIT THE FROG

http://themuppetmindset.blogspot.com/2012/05/weekly-muppet-wednesdays-kermit-frog.html
Noticed a few mistakes there. Kermit did not wear a wig in the "Inchworm" sketch (could you have been thinking of "I've Grown Accostomed to Your Face"?), and The Jim Henson Hour did not last two seasons (that was Muppets Tonight).

That must be the longest Weekly Muppet Wednesday article, and one of the best-written.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Looks like Ryan forgot to post the link to today's post, which I wrote, the final part of the top 40 favorite Muppet Show moments article: http://themuppetmindset.blogspot.com/2012/05/40-favorite-muppet-show-sketches-and_19.html

I had thought of doing a list of the best Muppet Show sketches for months, since at least november 2011. I kept debating on whether to make it top 40 or top 50. And the show has so many great segments that it was hard to narrow it down (I could have probably made it a top 200 list... And no I won't do that). There are times in these articles when I mentioned debating over certain things to include, especially the recurring segments, but aside from things mentioned there other segments I had considered but didn't list include: Bein' Green (the one from the Peter Sellers episode), Rockin' Robin, Blue Bayou, When the Saints Come Marching In, Danny Boy, Hat (with Roger Miller), What Would You Say?, To Dream the Impossible Dream, Baby Driver, Friendship, School's Out, Gonzo's piano-balancing act, Last Dance, Somebody Stole My Gal, and a load of others I can't think of right now.

I did my best to put in a bit of variety in the list (I do regret not including anything with any male guest stars). With so many great moments and by limiting myself to 40 entries (making this list was my own decision) I felt I had to try not to list too much of the same characters or types of sketches. I very well could have listed, for example, two Pigs in Space skecthes or three Muppet Labs sketches, but chose to list only one entry for each recurring segment, and can't decide if I should regret not including any Vets Hospital (I think I would have included the one with the duck) or Muppet News.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Very good article.

Considering this multi-part article debuted shortly after my top 40 greatest Muppet Show sketches article, I feel like it would be fitting if after this somebody else (i.e. not you or me) did a multi-part series of Sesame Street articles. It would have to be up to whoever decided to write such a series of articles (and of course up to you to put it on the site), but it'd still be cool.