The Muppet Mindset

Puckrox

Reaction score
I so agree with this article! I've rewatching Fraggle Rock since the start of this year, and I'm really enjoying reliving it. And watching it I realize just how much Henson and the gang taught me (I'm fairly certain Fraggle Rock introduced me to the idea of death in Marooned, which is extraordinary). This show is so wonderful and definitely holds up all these years later. :smirk::excited::coy:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Jarrod Fairclough wants to know what the best Sesame toy is... what do YOU think?

http://themuppetmindset.blogspot.com/2011/02/with-jarrod-fairclough-what-is-best.html
I don't have any Sesame Street toys that have been produced in the past ten years, but I guess you can't go wrong with Tickle Me Elmo or any variations (is the original Tickle Me Elmo still being produced?). Or those anniversary plush that came out a few years ago. I'd also recommend the Sesame Street Beans that came out in 1998, the Magic Talking Kermit, the finger puppets from the 1970s and 1980s, and the die-cast Sesame Street vehicles which I think were released by Playschool in the 1980s. Of course you'll probably have to try eBay or search flea markets and goodwill stores for those.

I think it'd be easier to pck out books and DVDs. You can't go wrogn with The Monster at the End of the Book, and there is a book called the Sesame Street Treasury, which combines many books from the show's 40 year history (including How to Be a Grouch and The People in Your Neighborhood). When it comes to DVD, I'd suggest Learnign About Letters, Learning About Numbers, Monster Hits, Big Bird's Storytime, Silly Storytime, C is for Cookie Monster, Bert and Ernie's Word Play, A Celebration of Me Grover, and any of the anniversary DVDs.