The Muppet Central Mysteries

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Yeah I really love this thread. It’s gone from mysteries to histories, lol. That twist at the end I didn’t see coming!

For curiosity’s sake, whatever happened to the private forum you guys used? Is it still tucked away in one of the corners of the Internet, or did you guys delete it after a certain time?

Beauregard

Reaction score
Chapter 7: None Hail King Agrippa!

A new member who went by the Biblical user name of King Agrippa suddenly joined our ranks, and right away, made all of us extremely uncomfortable.
What a creep he sounds!!!!

But seriously, I don't tho I ever knew the extent he had scared people in REAL life. I can't actually remember the motivation for creating KA (the MC character, he's also a character from a series I created, mostly in first draft still), but like everything here he was meant to be fun in some way - I think like how The Muppets have an Uncle Deadly or a Constantine.

But definitely missed the mark and was swiftly retired once I knew people had formed a secret huddle off of MC to talk about him!!!

'He spoke very seriously. All the time. In short sentences. With fullstops. And the kind of unusual syntax that put people ill at ease. Indeed he was a very particular gentleman.'

It's not the only time I almost lost my place here either, as I once (in my very very early days) shared a load of awful conspiracy theories that my parents believed and I had no reason to disbelieve at the time, which were frankly homophobic and ignorant, and I accused Philip Chapman of being part of the coverup when he deleted the threads understandably and immediately!!! Frogboy Jamie messages me privately, and I was extraordinarily close to being banned, but begged for my life. :oops:

I can't imagine what kind of personality I would have developed without this place and the friends here and the HUMOUR that still fills up everything I do outside in the 'real world'. I was extremely isolated as a kid, this place was my growing up space for sure. :embarrassed:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That twist at the end I didn’t see coming!
And the big reveal we didn't see coming either, which is why I really wanted to build up the suspense, so you, the readers, could experience the emotions we were experiencing at the time of this bizarre, yet retroactively hilarious prank.
For curiosity’s sake, whatever happened to the private forum you guys used? Is it still tucked away in one of the corners of the Internet, or did you guys delete it after a certain time?
I think we eventually just abandoned it, because even by the late-2000s, some of these other "old-timers" were gradually moving on and leaving MC behind. To the best of my memory, our forum was hosted on one of those little freebie servers (similar to ProBoards - if not actually on ProBoards), and it seems like a lot of those hosts have all disappeared, so I'm sure that private forum is lost to time.
But seriously, I don't tho I ever knew the extent he had scared people in REAL life. I can't actually remember the motivation for creating KA (the MC character, he's also a character from a series I created, mostly in first draft still), but like everything here he was meant to be fun in some way - I think like how The Muppets have an Uncle Deadly or a Constantine.
If that's the case, that would have been an incredibly clever thing for MC - having our own Phantom of the Muppet Central Forum would have been most apropos . . . but again, with the atmosphere of the internet at that time, I think you can understand why we were all freaked out by Agrippa, lol.
'He spoke very seriously. All the time. In short sentences. With fullstops. And the kind of unusual syntax that put people ill at ease. Indeed he was a very particular gentleman.'
That's one of the reasons what made us so nervous about this guy - he knew too much, yet said so little, and the manner of which he typed his messages very definitely did nothing to ease our nerves over thinking an older predator was stalking us.
It's not the only time I almost lost my place here either, as I once (in my very very early days) shared a load of awful conspiracy theories that my parents believed and I had no reason to disbelieve at the time, which were frankly homophobic and ignorant, and I accused Philip Chapman of being part of the coverup when he deleted the threads understandably and immediately!!! Frogboy Jamie messages me privately, and I was extraordinarily close to being banned, but begged for my life. :oops:
That must have happened even before my time, because I remember none of this!
I can't imagine what kind of personality I would have developed without this place and the friends here and the HUMOUR that still fills up everything I do outside in the 'real world'. I was extremely isolated as a kid, this place was my growing up space for sure. :embarrassed:
You were such a key part of MC's former glory days - you always kept us laughing with your off-beat, yet somewhat sophisticated humor, and you always made us feel like we have a true-blue friend in you . . . you may be absent from the forums these days, but I'm proud to still maintain contact with you outside the confines of MC. Admittedly, you're actually one of the few former "old-timers" I still hear from with any kind of regularity.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
These are a trip! The SuperMuppet story totally made me also remember the "BobHopeFan" story too. Wow.

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
@D'Snowth What's the deal with Drtooth? I know he left here after the 2016 election and came back briefly in 2017, but is the guy doing okay now?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
@D'Snowth What's the deal with Drtooth? I know he left here after the 2016 election and came back briefly in 2017, but is the guy doing okay now?
The only place I know of that he's still active on is deviantART under his alternate handle mightyfilm (which is what his YouTube channel was as well, but he quit that as well). He seems no worse for wear, but I think, like many others, he had to leave MC because too much negativity was bothering him.
more importantly, what happened to slackbot
She . . . unfriended and blocked me on Facebook, evidently. I don't know when or why, I hardly interacted with her on there, she didn't seem too active anyway.

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
The only place I know of that he's still active on is deviantART under his alternate handle mightyfilm (which is what his YouTube channel was as well, but he quit that as well). He seems no worse for wear, but I think, like many others, he had to leave MC because too much negativity was bothering him.
Ah ok... yeah it seemed like the guy had a lot of personal issues going on so I don't blame him for leaving.
She . . . unfriended and blocked me on Facebook, evidently. I don't know when or why, I hardly interacted with her on there, she didn't seem too active anyway.
Hm, weird... didn't she abruptly leave the forum as well?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I guess? Like gavry, I haven't noticed her around here in many ages and moons. Same with Angie (LinkiePie), Ellie (DramaQueenMokey), and Ozymandis; I never see them on MC anymore either, and they too have unfriended and blocked me on Facebook for no reason. Meanwhile, I know why Ryan (ThePrawnCracker) unfriended and blocked me, and I've made attempts to explain myself and apologize for a terrible misunderstanding, but he has repulsed those attempts - which is really sad, because we were such great friends. The others, as well as some people I know outside MC, no clue whatsoever, which is why I'm not of the opinion that if somebody "ghosts" you, you don't deserve an explanation, because I think you do . . . they may have their reasons, but on your end, it seems like no reason whatsoever - if the other person or people suddenly have an issue with something, why can't they take the time to explain why they suddenly have an issue and try to resolve it? Because, again, suppose something is a misunderstanding that could've easily been cleared up, instead of severing a friendship over it? But, then again, maybe I'm too much of a ***** and value friendships more seriously than others, which seems to be unpopular these days. Otherwise, there's also Dave (Vic Romano), whom I'm still in touch with, and he's doing well. Haven't heard from MrsPepper since she got married years ago . . . and I know some of you out there are still convinced we were an item, but we never were.

But, we're really getting way off topic now.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
@D'Snowth The stuff about you being blocked for no reason is hitting close to home. I was just telling Tai how I was banned from the Peppermint Park Discord server for no reason; I asked IcyRoserade (the owner) about it and he was just spamming me with memes so I had to block him... the internet is a strange place sometimes.

And then the irony of it all is how you can't even get people to join something as creepy as Peppermint Park.