The Muppet Cards

Mr Devco

Reaction score
I was wondering when the cards will be put back onto the page? I wanted to save them to a folder in my pictures so i could enjoy them whenever i wanted. I would only use them for my own enjoyment

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Why, again, are there no cards?

I too would like to see some Muppet Central cards again. I'm wondering how long have they been gone and why? Was there a falling out with the artist, Smig? He did some fantastic work with the Muppet characters! It's a shame they're no longer up. :sympathy:

Could it be a rights issue? Are the cards being formatted for some sort of embedded input fields? I miss that section.

I would also like to nominate Vic Romano for the cards section if he were willing to do so. There was a time that I thought interactive flash ecards were the way to go. I even made a sample pitch for Phillip's birthday many years back that was quickly nixed. But these days I think Vic's work is more dynamic than flash work could ever be.

Just my thoughts. I haven't made a secret of the fact that main page content seems to be getting thinner and I'd like to see something under that (beautiful) Sesame Street banner in the Cards section. :excited:

Luke

Reaction score
I think a choice of flash cards or static cards would be the way to go, i liked the test card. It'd be nice to see them back, and yes new ones would be brilliant.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
All the cards will be back. Smig's great work has always been appreciated and will return. The cards section will be running some new software when it launches again.

Actually earlier this year, I extended an invitation to Vic Romano to work on some new cards. I'd also love to do Flash cards as well from Jamie and possibly others as well. Flash cards didn't happen way back when due to software limitations which we shouldn't have any more. If anyone is interested in helping out in this area, send me an e-mail and a sample and we'll go from there.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
All the cards will be back. Smig's great work has always been appreciated and will return. The cards section will be running some new software when it launches again.

Actually earlier this year, I extended an invitation to Vic Romano to work on some new cards. I'd also love to do Flash cards as well from Jamie and possibly others as well. Flash cards didn't happen way back when due to software limitations which we shouldn't have any more. If anyone is interested in helping out in this area, send me an e-mail and a sample and we'll go from there.
That is fantastic news, Phillip! After the new year I would enjoy designing a couple flash ecards and if well received, maybe one or two per section eventually. And don't forget that existing work (with authorization of course) can easily be made interactive animated in flash.

I have missed the cards section. There were so many beautiful drawings.:excited:

Erine81981

Reaction score
Great to see the cards and some newer stuff coming back. I can't wait to see them again and some of the newer stuff too. :smile: :big_grin:

Luke

Reaction score
great news, looking forward to it!