The Muppet Bus on SNL

Drtooth

Reaction score
Andy Samberg doesn't do a very good Swedish Chef in my opinion .

All he does most of the time is say "Bork bork" over and over. If that's all it takes I would say anyone can do a pretty good impression of the Muppet chef.
That's what bugs me... I give him credit for trying at least. I never thought any of his stuff was that funny, though. I just wish someone would coach him into speaking der mock Smedish look der rall choof do hon der sheew.

But that's not a huge surpise, SNL just gets worse worse.
Tell me about it. I watched this episode a couple weekends ago to see if there was any hidden gems like this. Did ANYONE find the "Gilly" sketch funny at all? Seriously, all that woman can do is play overly insane characters. Each and every single one is exactly the same.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
That's what bugs me... I give him credit for trying at least. I never thought any of his stuff was that funny, though. I just wish someone would coach him into speaking der mock Smedish look der rall choof do hon der sheew.
Yeah you totally hit the nail on the head on that one, Drtooth. All Andy does is say "Bork Bork" and "Smoregish Board" over and over than flops around like a fish out of water. I think Swedish Chef is somewhat like Mickey Mouse in that everyone thinks they can do a good impression of them.

I guess overall it was ok, but not as great as some are making it out to be, in my opinion. And what's up with the whole Nipsey Russell as cop thing? Am I missing something that should make that funnier? That just seemed totally out of the blue to me. :confused:. Almost like Kenan Thompson (whom is probably my fav on SNL right now, but that's cause I have a love for Kenan and Kel.) needed something to do on this skit, but he wouldn't pass for any of the Muppets, so let's make him a cop, but not just any cop Nipsey Russell. Like I said maybe I'm missing something, but I don't get it. I mean why not make it some other character he can do an impression of, like maybe Bill Cosby, heck why not do Fat Albert. Maybe it doesn't make much sense, but I would said it makes about as much sense as Nipsey Russell.

Drtooth

Reaction score
And what's up with the whole Nipsey Russell as cop thing? Am I missing something that should make that funnier? That just seemed totally out of the blue to me. :confused:. Almost like Kenan Thompson (whom is probably my fav on SNL right now, but that's cause I have a love for Kenan and Kel.) needed something to do on this skit, but he wouldn't pass for any of the Muppets, so let's make him a cop, but not just any cop Nipsey Russell.
You're waaaaayy over thinking it. It's clearly a parody of the Muppet movie, and how random celebrities from the 1970's played random parts... Richard Pryor as the balloon salesman, Bob Hope as the ice cream vendor... so why wouldn't it make sense to have a random celeb from the 1970's be the cop? The only difference is that they were self aware that it was a celebrity.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I didn't really know what to think of this? I didn't really come away with good feeling from this sketch. *shrugs* But It was just weird to watch for me because it was like art imitation art imitation life. It just ruined the illusion The whole Muppets being actors interacting in the real world for me.

Some parts were funny, while other parts were hard to laugh at. Love Zoot and I was thinking the same things about how it's always the quite one and you can tell from the audience reaction that they got that, so thought that was cool! :smile:

JJandJanice

Reaction score
You're waaaaayy over thinking it. It's clearly a parody of the Muppet movie, and how random celebrities from the 1970's played random parts... Richard Pryor as the balloon salesman, Bob Hope as the ice cream vendor... so why wouldn't it make sense to have a random celeb from the 1970's be the cop? The only difference is that they were self aware that it was a celebrity.
Well when you put it that way it makes sense, I wasn't really thinking of it as a parody of the Muppet movie myself, I guess I was thinking of it as just Muppets, :smile:.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well when you put it that way it makes sense, I wasn't really thinking of it as a parody of the Muppet movie myself, I guess I was thinking of it as just Muppets, :smile:.
So the fact they were riding in the Electric mayhem's bus and singing "Movin' Right Along" wasn't a dead giveaway? :wink:

JJandJanice

Reaction score
So the fact they were riding in the Electric mayhem's bus and singing "Movin' Right Along" wasn't a dead giveaway?
Yeah you think it would be, :smile:. But I tend to think of it as that's the bus they always use whenever they go out like in Muppets from Space and as for the singing, well they also started signing the "The Muppet Show theme."

But you're probably right when you said "I'm over thinking," that's probably all to it really, :smirk:

Muppet Loverr

Reaction score
Wow...that was soo werid..It wasnt even funny (writeing wize) Think it was cute the way to think of the Muppets

muppetsforever

Reaction score
I find it funny in a strange way that when SNL does something like this with the muppets, i find it in bad taste. But Family Guy has done some far worse stuff and I find it funny.

man I'm weird:crazy:

rexcrk

Reaction score
I thought it was hilarious! I think you guys are just being a little too sensitive (or am I being under-sensitive? xD).

A lot of the voices were great imo and I LOVED "Fozzie's" "We're screwed!" haha.

And when "Rowlf" was like "..No.. we didn't hit anything! It's fine" was hilarious.

Well done, SNL.