The Muppet Beach Party Thread

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Well, I have the Muppet Beach Party album in its entirety on my computer, and I must say I love it. I think its very cool. Unfortunately, I never see any referance to it anywhere on the forum. Why is that?? Does no one else like the musical surf stylings of the Muppets? Grr, it just steams my broccoli. So to rectify the situation, I have made this thread soley for the discussion of the Muppet Beach Party album. So, discuss already! :big_grin:

-Matt

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Woohoo!

Muppet Beach Party ROCKS!

I listened to it over 100 times this past summer alone!

I even tried to stir up some enthusiasm on Tough Pigs six months ago.

Honest!

I especially like Sugar Shack.

casira

Reaction score
I bought this album, back in the day, specifically because Rockapella was on it (they're the Giant Clams on "Papa Oom Mow Mow"). Those guys plus all the Muppety goodness was too much to resist.

Later, I became friends with another Rockapella fan who'd gotten hers before realizing the guys were even on it... because she'd received her copy from Frank Oz. Clearly some people have better connections than I do. :wink:

Going to have to listen to this again when I get home....

--------
http://www.livejournal.com/users/casira/

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Ah, that's who sings "Papa Oom Mow Mow"! That is, without a doubt, my favorite song on the album.

"Maybe we should invite these guys to the clam bake!"

LoL!

My other more favored tracks on that album would be:

Walkin' On Sunshine
Wooly Bully
Surfin'
Fun, Fun, Fun

:big_grin: Very fun. I really feel these songs were beggin' to be covered by the Muppets. :smile:

-Matt

Gonzo

Reaction score
Wow.

This is my LEAST favorite of any Muppet/Fraggle/Sesame Street album I own, and I have over 40 different CDs in my li'l collection. I really can't stand it. There are a few bright moments, like...uh...

I guess my favorite tracks would also be Sugar Shack and Papa Oo Mow Mow or whatever that is.

Quinnnnnn

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Originally posted by Gonzo
Wow.

This is my LEAST favorite of any Muppet/Fraggle/Sesame Street album I own, and I have over 40 different CDs in my li'l collection. I really can't stand it. There are a few bright moments, like...uh...

Yeah well there has to be an ocean within like, what, six hours of you? Better take it there PDQ and see how it tickles you then.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I have to agree with Quinn here. Not my fave.

It's a nice album, but the content would fit better with the Sesame characters and sensibility. Not that there is anything wrong with that, I just see the Muppet Show cast as having a different sort of style. Just seemed too kid-oriented for my taste.

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
I have to agree with Quinn here. Not my fave.
What a shocker!

Say, isnt that cd like going for $75 on amazon.com now days?

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Though I didn't see it on Amazon, its on eBay right now for $9.99.

-Matt

Gonzo

Reaction score
Originally posted by FellowWLover
Yeah well there has to be an ocean within like, what, six hours of you? Better take it there PDQ and see how it tickles you then.
I think the Pacific is (at it's closest) about 12 hours away by car, but only two by plane--and I'd LOVE to head there PDQ.

Quinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn