The most tear-jerking Muppet moment...

Lamina

Reaction score
As a kid the only one I cried for was when Gonzo's Camilla died and Nanny fixed her up.
:halo:

Marky

Reaction score
Brinatello said:
That has to be the show and scene where it finally hit me that Jim was truly gone and when the music started, I cried very hard. I still get choked up every time I see it.
Yes, a tear-jerking discussion regarding Muppets cannot be complete without anyreference to his passing. I remember 1990, I was sixteen, and having not really thought about SS or the Muppets, suddenly I felt that it was really over. Sure, they continued, but the true vision and spirit undeniably passed with Jim Henson. Frank Oz's retirement, while not tear-jerking, sealed it shut forever for me.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
"Uncle Kermit? What's your favorite part about the Muppets?"
"Well, Robin, there are those times when the Muppets aren't funny."
"Yeah, but I think that's the writers fault."

Marky

Reaction score
Super Scooter said:
"Uncle Kermit? What's your favorite part about the Muppets?"
"Well, Robin, there are those times when the Muppets aren't funny."
"Yeah, but I think that's the writers fault."

... I remember that! Where's that from?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Lamina said:
As a kid the only one I cried for was when Gonzo's Camilla died and Nanny fixed her up.
:halo:
Third person to mention this episode. I think I was the first. I remember running up to my Mom crying because of what happened to Camilla.

Reaction score
as vivid fan my tearful moment was when i went to see muppet 3d vision and met my idiol from a child sweetums it made my life completed also the muppet show episode with peter sellers always get to me as they are my two fav things in the world :halo: :wink:

Squonk

Reaction score
I think often times I get a bit choked up when Jim Henson makes a cameo in the shows...given that he's no longer with us.

The one at the end of the "Muppet Family Christmas" especially gets to me. It's the one where he and Sprocket are doing the dishes while everyone else sings carols.

Kiki

Reaction score
Aw... where do I start??

Hm... most tear-jerking Muppet moments? 'Ere's some of mine:

• 'Rainbow Connection', reminds me of the late Jim Henson :sympathy: ;
  • The death of Mr. Hooper. Yeah I know it's SS, but it always makes me bawl like an ideot when I see it;
  • 'Simon Smith and his amazing dancing bear', sure, it's a bouncy bubbly songs, but it reminds me of Richard Hunt :cry: and
  • The ending bit of The Muppet Movie ('Life's like a movie, write your own ending...').
I'll try and think up s'more. Gawd, just reading all of you's guyses things is makin' me teary. *Sob, sob*. I'm not crying! *Dabs her tears with a dirty old hanky*.

Marky

Reaction score
Kiki said:
Hm... most tear-jerking Muppet moments? 'Ere's some of mine:

• The death of Mr. Hooper. Yeah I know it's SS, but it always makes me bawl like an ideot when I see it;
What, do you have it on tape or something? I remember it back in the day, really sad stuff.