The most tear-jerking Muppet moment...

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
This song is beautiful. Ever since I first heard it, it's wonderful and mystical nature has always been somewhat of a tear jerker to me. It just has this unusual otherworldly feel to it that makes it sound majestic in my opinion. It always gives me goosebumps whenever I hear it and never fails to put a tear or two in my eyes. This song gives me the same kind of feeling I get when I hear the two Beatles song that were done in the style of traditional Indian music. It's a feeling that I can't quite describe but if I had to I would say it's a mix between calming, tear jerking, and intriguing to me.

captainjlt

Reaction score
Muppets in space. Gonzo feeling so alone. Feeling like he had been abandoned when nobody showed up and all the people there called him crazy. At the time I felt the same way.

fragglevision

Reaction score
A lot of Muppets from Space hit home for me as a preteen when I was just getting into the Muppet fandom. Also quite a bit of the 2011 Muppet movie. My mom actually cried when we watched it for the first time. And Follow That Bird was oddly depressing at parts.

A more recent Muppet-related tearjerker for me is a personal one. Last Christmas was not all that great for me. I was hoping to have some of my old friends over but they didn't come. Christmas night was spent at my grandparents', and I wanted us to watch an old Christmas special but I ended up watching Youtube videos in the kitchen while they watched something else. At the end of the night we all played Jackbox games which made me feel somewhat better, but the next day I found out that I'd accidentally left the car door open all night. Aaaaaaanyway, later on I was overcome with bad feelings and absentmindedly turned on the little radio in my room and slumped on the bed. Right away, the John Denver and Rowlf version of "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" started playing. It was like the universe was comforting me and saying that everything was going to be all right. I didn't dare turn off the radio until after the song was done. It's worth noting that the song actually had a slightly different, more bittersweet set of lyrics when it first appeared in Meet Me In St. Louis. The universe may have been on to something...

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
That beautiful realistic white lion character from The Storyteller and The Jim Henson Hour.

During hard times, I occasionally used to have dreams about the lion comforting me and telling me that things would be alright when I was a kid.

As silly as that may sound, experiencing such awesome recurring dreams has given the character a very special place in my heart.

fragglevision

Reaction score
bringing this back after like three years maybe? I recently found the Rocky Mountain Holiday album in full, and Catch Another Butterfly in particular, I didn't think of it much when I first heard it over a decade ago, but now that I'm in my late twenties, it hits really hard. Growing up is HARD, man. Also Poems, Prayers and Promises hits different, for obvious reasons.