The most tear-jerking Muppet moment...

snichols1973

Reaction score
One of the more emotionally touching moments of MMW is when CIA agent Sam the Eagle and Jean-Pierre Napoleon have emotional breakdowns just before they part company:

:attitude:: Pull yourself together, man! Stop crying! We're only saying our final.....farewell.
:attitude: (tearfully): Goodbye.... forever!
:attitude: (crying while embracing Jean-Pierre): I am going to miss you, my French friend!

WalterLinz

Reaction score
Oh man, there are so many touching moments, I can't even choose!

I almost cry whenever I hear Jim sing "The Rainbow Connection" at the beginning of TMM.:cry: Man, and I gotta say the scene where Walter joins The Muppets at the end of TM2011 is just so touching to me, and of course The Muppets' performance of Rainbow Connection from the same movie made me cry tears of joy realizing that The Muppets are totally back again.:smile:

Last edited:

Luke kun

Reaction score
The end of TMTM when :smile: and :mad: appear by the moon and the words The End are written…excuse me, I’ve got something in my eye…

Erine81981

Reaction score
I might have already posted here but my favorite (and if I have it'll be the same one) Is the song "Saying Goodbye." I just can't keep from tearing up every time I hear or see it.

P.S. - Also in "Fallow That Bird" the song "I'm So Blue" makes me tear up too. The tear you see when the kids see him just breaks me heart.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I may be the only one, but does anyone else kind of tear up in MTI at the end when Jim Hawkins sees Long John Silver escaping, and he is going to blow the whistle, and that whole scene until Kermit shows up, pretty sad moment in a film that is mostly full of laughs.

WemblinFool18

Reaction score
When Kermit the Frog sang "I Believe" in the Macy's Thanksgiving parade in 2008. Gives me chills and makes me tear up every time.

WemblinFool18

Reaction score
And of course, any moment from Jim Henson's memorial makes me break down completely. Namely:
1. Frank Oz's eulogy (I can't imagine losing my best friend!)
2. Dave Goelz singing "I'm Going to Go Back There Someday"
3. Big Bird saying "Thank you, Kermit", after singing (tissue, please!):cry::cry::cry:

scooterfan360

Reaction score
these Muppet moments made me cry
  1. the Muppet show, the song that gonzo sings about wanting someone to dance with him.
  2. the Muppet's 80's Polaroid commercial, the one where gonzo is sitting on the porch , while the rest are inside having their picture taken, and he sings this song called , who wants a picture of my face. even if i was a baby at the time of this commercial, i stumbled on this on YouTube, and it had me in tears.
  3. the Muppets 2011 , the revised edition of rainbow connection.
  4. the muppets 2011, when Floyd gives animal his drumsticks and tells him that he has been saving them for him.

Last edited: