The most tear-jerking Muppet moment...

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Originally posted by FOZZI3B3AR
You rip it open at the seams...
Sorry to burst yer bubble Kev, but that won't work. Haven't you ever watched "Winnie the Pooh"? They can come apart at the seams, and they're fine. It'd sorta be like people and stitches. Sure, it'd be ickier that way, but if ya stuff everything back inside, they're still fine.

Or the Scarecrow in "The Wizard of Oz", when they totally "unstuffed" him---he was fine, just here, and there, and everywhere.

I still maintain it would have to be somethin' chemical...

Beauregard

Reaction score
Saying Goodbye

and

I'm going to go back there one day

also

The final bits of Muppets from Space

The Gobeek

Reaction score
The Muppet moment that makes me sad is in MTM. When Kermit loses his memory it breaks my heart. The rest of the gang searches and they are so sad. I really feel their pain. It only gets worse too. When they find Kermit in the diner and he can't remember them...here come the tears.

uncleduke

Reaction score
Actually reading your posts, and remembering all these special moments has gotten me a little misty....

I was fortunate enough to be at the Disney MGM studios on vacation when they were filming the Muppets at Walt Disney World there, and had the opportunity to talk to Frank Oz and Jim Henson, very briefly.

When I heard the news I was on I-10, headed into Texas... it hit me so hard, I had to pull over to the side of the road. That was as bad for me as the news of Dr. Seuss and Vincent Price passing away. JH was a big shock, as it was totally unexpected.

I guess the moments that gets me, post 1990 would be:

1) The scene from the TV memorial, where the Muppets read the Kids' letters to Kermit. I can't even conceal the tears

2) Kermits Ghost town speach to Doc Hopper in the Muppet Movie, about singing and dancing and making people happy. When I first saw it in the theater, it did not effect me. Now it just seems so prophetic....

3) I was also a little sad when I first saw Muppet's Christmas Carol, since it was the first Muppet project is saw without any involvement on Henson's part. I tried to watch some of the others, I just couldn't do it.

The truth is out, Uncleduke is a big softy after all.
I am gonna go and kiss the kids, and hold my wife now......

the_great_gonzo

Reaction score
I'd have to say my top 3 would be:

1.)Saying Goodbye in Muppets Take Manhattan.

2.)This sounds stupid but probably the end of Muppets In Space where Gonzo is saying goodbye to Kermit and Rizzo.

3.)The end of Muppet Family Christmas where Jim Henson is talking to Sprocket. He's smiling and you can tell that he really loved what he did.

dlphntat

Reaction score
I remember the day Jim died vividly. I was fresh from the army, back at a regular job, and my bos came in and told me that Jim had died.
I stood there shocked, then, I couldn't stop crying.

As the muppets read the letters in "The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson", tears always fall from my eyes,
and in MCC, when they show the empty chair for Tiny Tim, that's a big one too.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Ooohhhhh, yeah! I forgot about Tiny Tim's chair, that wrings the water out of my eyes, too!

Oh, did I ever mention that One Little Star kind of makes me feel sad?

FOZ

Foreignman

Reaction score
Originally posted by the_great_gonzo
2.)This sounds stupid but probably the end of Muppets In Space where Gonzo is saying goodbye to Kermit and Rizzo.
Not stupid, that one does it for me too. Especially when Kermit says "We love you Gonzo...", that's the point where I totally fall apart. Oh, and Foz, I well up during that song too, but it doesn't do it for me, just listening to the track on the CD, you have to actually watch the part of the movie. So I think, though the song is strong the cinematography and performances are what really does it for that one.

Ernie101

Reaction score
id love to see the episode when they read the letters where jim died i never saw it.......

uncleduke

Reaction score
Originally posted by Ernie101
id love to see the episode when they read the letters where jim died i never saw it.......
I have it, send me an email