The most tear-jerking Muppet moment...

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Last week I watched A Muppet Family Christmas I taped off the TV back in '86, and I like, totally forgat the ending where the whole freakin' gang is singing and then they cut to Jim in the kitchen with Sprocket:

"Well they sure are having a good time, that's okay, I like when they're having a good time..."

Aw man, I like totally lost it. I'm such a baby.

Whataday

Reaction score
The moment which gets me is the finale of A Muppet Christmas Carol, when they're all together singing "Bless Us All". It's the first movie since Jim and Richard died, and the way they're all singing together seems to be a message to the fans saying "we're still here, all together".

Pug Lover

Reaction score
Even though I,m not excactly a fan of Gonzo,I would say the muppet moment that somewhat triggered my emotions was during the episode where Gonzo had announced that he was leaving the show[much to the audience,s delight].When he performed what was supposed to be his final number on the show,he broke down crying in the middle of his number.Kermit came onstage and hugged Gonzo in a sympathetically comforting manner.To even write about this practically makes me feel like crying. :concern:

Whataday

Reaction score
jediX said:
However, The Muppets Remember Jim Henson is infinitely more tear-jerking than those. I can't sit through the part where they are reading the sad letters written by kids without completely breaking down :embarrassed:

I've never seen The Muppets Remember Jim Henson but would like to. Is it available on video or DVD?

If not, does anyone have a clip of the letter readings?

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Whataday said:
I've never seen The Muppets Remember Jim Henson but would like to. Is it available on video or DVD?

If not, does anyone have a clip of the letter readings?
No, it's not available on video or DVD, and I doubt if they will release it to those formats anytime soon. However, there is a ray of hope as there are many members of this forum who have the special, and many would be happy to do a trade with you for it, if you want to contact any of them. Just post about it in the Wanted section of the forum. Someone'll get around to helping you out... lol

Manda:-D

Reaction score
What makes me cry, listening to it on the Muppets' 25th anniversairy CD, is Gonzo singing "The Wishing Song". Especially when he sings, "but most of all, I wish that I were anyone but me". Makes me wanna go hug the poor little blue weirdo.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Manda:-D said:
What makes me cry, listening to it on the Muppets' 25th anniversairy CD, is Gonzo singing "The Wishing Song". Especially when he sings, "but most of all, I wish that I were anyone but me". Makes me wanna go hug the poor little blue weirdo.
I agree, but it's like waaaaaaaaay depressing.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Well, :cry: , I've got to agree with so many of these posts. There are so many incredibly emotional Muppet moments. The wedding in MTM gets me every time, but I'm easy that way--weddings always get me.

Actually, I was noticing a pretty new one recently. The scene in "It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie" where poor downhearted Kermit goes to look at the statue of himself with the children and he reads the dedication plaque... Wow, that's made me cry each time I've seen it!

JKBone

Reaction score
Most tear jerking moment

For me it's definately anytime i hear I Don't Want to Live on the Moon

It's my favorite song in the world

Swedish Chef

Reaction score
A good year

One of the most poignant moments was during an episode of the Muppet Show, When Statler and Waldorf sing "It was a very good Year at the end of the show."