The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Starts nagging chant, directed at Bo.
Nag-nag-nag nag.
Nag-nag-nag nag.
Hey hey.
Post more story!

You know Sis, I hope you can teach me some new tricks when it comes to dealing with DanDan... Had a nasty episode where he/she/it tried to get the kittens. Fixed it with some mind modification, but I'm not sure he/she/it will have relapses. Besides, better to be safe than sorry.

christyb

Reaction score
I find an occasional trip to the Gobi desert helpful in dealing with her. Although, I don't think there is anything that can really work on him. He's Beau's sister. Perhaps you need to ask him? Oh yeah and I do have the next chapter ready to go. I'm just giving everyone a chance to catch up.

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
*in the Gobi desert*
DanDan: Well I'd better start tunneling back to Greendale....*takes out teaspoon and starts digging at soil*

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... We'll have a nice long talk about it later Sis. Hope more story gets posted soon. Hmmm, wonder if Izzy'll be here soon. Then again.
*Gets up to go help with the girls. Just post, I'll be back in time to read it.

christyb

Reaction score
Chapter Ten- Taking The House

After this, things moved rather quickly. Randel clutched control of the Vic-puppet-shell-person that Mother had installed in the house; Dan-Dan ate Viq, and regurgitated him rather fast; a carefree woman, Mairin, self proclaimed sister of the Moppet's neighbor Kyle, waltzed into the locality and picked up an instant relationship with the nanny's brother Jack; and a Grandma of the Cole's arrived in the area.

Randel knew where Mother was going now, the Fairy G-mum had told him, foolish girl. But Mother could wait, first her family had to be…controlled, because a family was the way to a mother's heart, and it was Mother's heart Randel wanted exposed to his knife.

Randel visited one of the dodgier policemen in the area, arranged a visit for Father to the local cells on no charge. Typically, the man's darn kids the Vibs and the Viq, rescued him by turning into a fly and a huge female guard, not necessarily in that order.

Time moved fast.

Randel watched the house from across the road. It was Christmas eve and snow was falling. Randel pulled gloves from off his fingers and held them in one hand. His eyes darkened as he watched the twinkling Christmas lights flash on and off, reflecting in his dark pupils. His fingers tightened around the gloves. "I will take you all," he muttered. "Every one of you will be mine. Then she will weep and howl and come wash dishes for me instead of that Mop. Ha!"

He threw his gloves at the floor, turned away, and ran straight into a woman on the sidewalk. They went down together into the snow, and Randel backpedaled to get to his feet faster than she did, embarrassment and confusion flushing his face. "I'm so sorry. I didn't run into you, I was standing still and you came flying towards me and-"

"Don't," the woman said. She was Mairin, Kyle's sister, Jack's girlfriend.

"Remember my parents try to take over the world once every three months, so don't play games with me. What are you playing me for?"

Randel closed his jaw. "Playing you, my dear girl, do you think this is a game?"

"No, snowballs is a game, building a snowman and calling him Parson Brown, or Bob, or Joe, that's a game. Threatening a family is an…"

"Offence? I agree. What can I possibly do to make you forgive me for what I said just now?"

Mairin blinked. "Forgive-why would I…?"

"You wouldn't, exactly." Randel turned away, then swung back, snapping a candy cane from his jacket pocket and thwacking the side of her head.

A burst of magic energy slammed him as Mairin went down. Randel fell forward over her, and once again found himself struggling to his feet. He rubbed his neck where the force had hit him, and looked up into the gray eyes of the girl who had done that to him.

"My name's Grey," the girl said. "You just hit my boyfriend's sister."

"Well, the family connections have no end, I see," Randel said.

"You are?"

Randel tipped his head. "Randel. Look here, this woman is injured, I wonder if you could help her? Something has hit a blow to her head I'm afraid."

Grey blinked. Hadn't she just seen him hit the woman with a candy cane? She knelt beside the woman. "She'll be ok, it seems to be concussion."

"Yes," Randel said. "From this." And he attacked Grey with the cane in the same manner. Three minutes later he was driving away from the Moppet's house with two girls tied in the boot of his car.

Meanwhile, inside the Moppet's house, Jack began to worry. His girlfriend had been gone too long.

"Merry Christmas!" Nanny Mingostone shouted, stepping through the door with mistletoe-flavored lollipops.

Jack frowned, actually it wasn't merry. Mairin was missing. "Nice to have you back," he said. "My socks need a wash."

"Can’t you just, like, fill them with grass and put them in the freezer?" Mingostone asked.

He couldn't, and didn't. And he didn't find Mairin. Over the next few days she was nowhere. He'd checked the places they knew, the church, the forest, a Babbett Cole meeting. He'd even gotten an ex-ray of Dandan's stomach but found only a tin can, a bale of hay, and a mophead.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
So much...
That explains why Bo got... And the fly and the prison guard, memories.
And then Christmas... That's what... Ooh, shivers at Marin and Gray locked in the trunk of the car.
But wait, how would Jack know about the Babbette Cole meeting? Isn't that DanDan and PeaPea's annual/monthly event? But how I remember the time Jack and Marin hotwired that car at Christmastime...
And I hope this isn't the last we'll get today... Post more, please?

christyb

Reaction score
Tis the last until our Danish friends catch up. (Sorry I got you four chapters behind guys) I'll ask Beau about the Babbet Cole meeting ref. This chapter was his writing (which you can tell b/c he spells our villian's name Randel and I spell it Randall). So unless Beau gets on this is all from me until tomorrow.

Vibs

Reaction score
Beau, Christy you two rock I love this story! It's so awesome, as already said, how you have tied all the random stuff of the thread into a story and I can't wait to find out what happens next with all of us! :smile:

Viq: ... *stunned* Did you read that?

Vibs: ... yes. "Beau, Christy you two rock I love this story! It's so awesome, as well already said, how you have tied all the random stuff of the thread into a story and I can't wait to find out what happens next with all of us! :smile:"

Viq: *frowns* not that part stupid the part where it says that we're gonna have a baby! Vibs we're gonna have a baby!!

Vibs: *pauses* ... okay, firstly. I will get you for calling me stupid and secondly when you say that you are gonna have a baby it usually means that you are gonna be a parent which, I shall hope, you are not within the next 20 years.

Viq: Ooooh right. *is a beaver* Vibs!!

Vibs: Brother dear, no one calls me stupid. Now go bite me a tree-table for my barbie's house.

Viq: ... We're in a cinema.

Vibs: Well a used-popcorn-bucket-barbie-table will do.

Viq: *frowns* what's the point in being a beaver then?

Vibs: Would you shut up so we can get to read the rest of this?

Viq: no! *does*

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Wow, this is just so great! I haven't had as much time to read it lately, but I am still really enjoying it! It's just so awesome and fun and wow!

RedDragon

Reaction score
Oh No! Mairin!

Mairin: What? <looks at movie screen> Oh, I remember that scene <rubs side of head> We had to shoot it 10 times before we got it right...

You shouldn't shoot things...someone could get hurt...

Mairin: Whatever...More story please!

Yes please!