The Miss Piggy Cover Girl Fantasy Calendar 1982

Jussieb

Reaction score
Hello all!

I wondered if someone could help me? I have a Miss Piggy Cover Girl Fantasy Calendar 1982.
At first glance, this may not seem strange, but I have trawled the internet and this calendar was released as a 1981 calendar, not a 1982 calendar.
The pictures etc all seem, at first glance, to be the same as the 1981 calendar, but the date is 1982. I initially wonderded if the wrong year had been printed, but I have checked the calendar and the days are all correct for 1982 for each month.
I remember being told, when I was given this calendar, that only 1000 were printed. On the back of the box that this is in (the cover of the box shows the September image of Miss Piggy on the Cosmopolitan cover) the strip to the left reads:

Michael Joseph Ltd with The Muppet Press C Henson Associates , inc 1981 795 ISBN: 0 7181 2028 0

Does anyone have any idea about this calendar and why mine is for 1982 and all the others that I can find are for 1981? Is it valuable do you think?

Many thanks in advance
Justine

Jussieb

Reaction score
If anyone wants to see a photo, please let me know.
Many thanks!

Jussieb

Reaction score
Sorry about all these messages... I have also just noticed that on the cover of the 1982 version that I have, the Address is:
Kermit the Frog
C/O The Muppet Press /
Michael Joseph Ltd.
44 Bedford Square
London WC1

The 1981 version has a New York address from what I can make out.

muppet_dk

Reaction score
To me it seems quite simpel, the last info you posted explain it quite well.
The original calender was released in the US in 1981. The one you have is a re-print for the UK market in 1982. It's not uncommen for something to be re-released later in other contries.