The Martin P. Robinson Appreciation Thread

EmmyMik

Reaction score
I just felt like starting this thread. Just because.

Anyway, Jackie and I have been talkin', and we feel that it is high time Martin P. Robinson, a man who has puppeteered on Sesame Street for so many years, get a thread like this. Too often he is overlooked when it comes to the people who make Sesame Street happen.

In addition, I declare that today be Martin P. Robinson Appreciation Day (just because I like inventing holidays, and why not?).

So, Happy Martin P. Robinson Appreciation Day!

Carry on.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Great idea Emmy! Martin does wonderful work and has been a valued part of the Sesame team for more than 20 years.

Jackie

Reaction score
Happy Martin P. Robinson Appreciation Day to all! How can you not love the man who is Old Mac Donald???

"Oh Dear" LOL!

matleo

Reaction score
Here here, Marty terrific talent and a wonderful puppeteer. Many people don't know this but Marty's career has spanned over 30 years in puppetry workign with puppetry great Bil Baird and later the Muppet. in addition, Marty was one of the key personnel in developing the series "Allegra's Window" and he has also staged his own stage show entitiled "Jack Straws". I've had the pleasure of meeting Marty a few times over the past few years at various puppetry events and in those times I've been struck by two pieces of advice that Marty has given me. I think of them every time I approach a new project.

1) Don't rest on your laurels. Always try to set new challenges and meet them.

2) When perfoming go to the farest extreme you can. A director will always tell you when it's too much, but always give as much as you can.

Whenever I'm designing a new show or whenever I feel a performance falling a little stale, I remember these and it's been the greatest help. May you also remember these on Marty Robinson day!!

--Matt

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
HEEEEYYYYYY MARTY!!

This is cool!!

I don't think he gets all the credit he deserves anyhow. How about his 'green thumb?' Get it?

FOZ

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Slowly this thread is picking up steam.

Call your neighbors!
Call your friends!
Make every day Martin P. Robinson Appreciation Day!

:big_grin:

Jackie

Reaction score
So would his club initials be MPR! MPR!

Drtooth

Reaction score
TELLY MONSTER TELLY MONSTER TELLY MONSTER TELLY MONSTER!!! :big_grin: :big_grin: :big_grin:

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Originally posted by Jackie
So would his club initials be MPR! MPR!
Perhaps we should have a brainstorming session.

I'll get the muffins, you get the envelopes!

:big_grin: