The Major League Baseball Thread

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Allegedly the Red Sox are going to trade Adrian Gonzalez, Carl Crawford, and Josh Beckett to the Dodgers for James Loney and a bunch of minor leaguers. The Dodgers have just put the rest of the National League on notice provided the trade goes through.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Bumping this thread since it's World Series time. From the American League, we have the Detroit Tigers, led by Triple Crown winner Miguel Cabrera and ace pitcher Justin Verlander, traveling to face National League champion San Francisco Giants, with probable MVP Buster Posey and the suddenly resurgent Barry Zito.

I believe the Tigers will win in six, as their starting rotation is pitching superbly right about now, and it will be hard for the Giants to scratch out some runs. What do you guys think?

Teheheman

Reaction score
I dunno about 6, it would either be Tigers in 4 or Giants in 7. The Giants DO have a tendency to fricken win games which they are under the gun of elimination.

Daniel

Zoot the Saxer

Reaction score
Oh! I'm a baseball fan as well. I love the Red Sox, but they were most disappointing this season. :frown: Also the A's, who rocked until the very end. Can't stand the Giants, but I live near SF so I kinda gotta side with them in the World Series...

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Bumping this thread again because it's almost time for the new season to start, and it should be a good one. Lots of potential for close division races, with the re-loaded Blue Jays in the AL East with the always tough Rays and defending champ Orioles, the Indians trying to dethrone the Tigers in the Central, and the Angels and Josh Hamilton going against his old team, the Rangers, and the tough A's in the West. The NL should be no different, with the Nationals and Braves in the East, the Cardinals and Reds in the Central, and basically everyone except the Rockies in the NL West.

Anyone excited for the first pitch to get thrown?

jgidley

Reaction score
Well, of course, there's still March Madness, but after that, I am PUMPED for first pitch, even though I'm pretty sure my Phillies will finish in third. It's gonna be a pretty long season unless they can somehow pull out one last magical run like they have for the past 5 years or so.

Zoot the Saxer

Reaction score
Heck yeah, I'm excited! Hoping the Red Sox have a better season, and the A's have one just as good as the last.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Well, of course, there's still March Madness, but after that, I am PUMPED for first pitch, even though I'm pretty sure my Phillies will finish in third. It's gonna be a pretty long season unless they can somehow pull out one last magical run like they have for the past 5 years or so.
If any Philly team has any prayer at even a shot of the championship, its the Phillies. I was actually watching the World Series when they won. I thought they were gonna crush the pitcher the way the team piled on him XD

(Yes, I'm from Philly)

jgidley

Reaction score
If any Philly team has any prayer at even a shot of the championship, its the Phillies. I was actually watching the World Series when they won. I thought they were gonna crush the pitcher the way the team piled on him XD

(Yes, I'm from Philly)
You're from Philadelphia too, Sarge? I never knew that! But you're absolutely right about the Phils being the only local team that can win a championship. I think the Eagles still have a long ways to go(as well as the Flyers), and nobody pays attention to the Sixers.