The Loud House Thread

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
I'm really looking forward to the new Nickelodeon show The Loud House, looks really good and also watched two episodes On Demand.
Also the theme's actually catchy, the only other theme songs that have been catchy are Steven Universe and Star vs. The Forces of Evil.
http://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...OBLEM!-Nickelodeon’s-Original-Animated-Comedy
It's coming May 2nd, if you only want to watch the premiere on regular TV.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm going to wait till it premieres proper because that's what I'm paying Verizon for. When I have to dump cable, I'm going back to just internet viewing.

But so far, and what I'm going to say is obvious, they managed to make a cartoon about a raucous family that looks far superior to their live action sitcoms about the same. I clearly have an animation bias, but it seems that this show's concept is to go big because with animation they can. There's no limit to what animation can do with a concept like this, where as live action ones are limited to silly costumes and someone dressed nicely falling into a messy dessert and acting surprised something like that happens when it always happens.

And I love the character designs. They remind me of Eurocomics somehow. Maybe something with the eyes.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I especially love the large cast of girls, allowing for a wide variety of female personalities. You've got an authority figure, a dumb blond, a goth, a sporty tomboy, and many more.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Saw the first episode, it certainly has charm, but it's not spectacularly funny, maybe it's not supposed to be. Either way it looks miles better than that upcoming "Pickle and Peanut"/ Amazing World of Gumball hybrid we're getting for some reason.
It has an interesting cast of characters that i'm sure will get developed more. That's what i'm looking forward to the most, exploring what kinds of different types of relationships he has with each of his sisters.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I especially love the large cast of girls, allowing for a wide variety of female personalities. You've got an authority figure, a dumb blond, a goth, a sporty tomboy, and many more.
And it seems they're working with the character personalities instead of just slapping substandard tropes on them. Considering that's one of their live action shows, 4 kids with stock tropes I shudder to call personalities. That's giving them too much credit.

But this show manages to have 11 main characters and uses the chaos of that many to the show's advantage. So far, I think they can perfectly pair the appropriate sisters to the right situations. This show is pretty good, and it's totally something the demographic will go wild for (hopefully). While I can't say so far I like it to levels of Harvey Beaks or Pig Goat Banana Cricket (TMNT is out of the question), it's great that Nick has another fairly strong cartoon series.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I'm really liking the way the cast plays off one another. Case in point: the episode where Lincoln and his sisters try to find the class pet tarantula Lincoln accidentally set loose so that Leni (the dumb blond sister) doesn't get the crap scared out of her. Also loved the way they worked together to stop a crazy exterminator from exterminating it.

And of all the girls, Lucy (the goth) has to be my favorite due to her inexplicable ability of teleportation. Luan (the comedian) may come in a close second.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I like how not every episode is basically Lincoln vs. all 10 of his sisters. They have those here and there so far, but it's not a major focus. I'm also impressed that they all deeply care about each other, and it's not a case of (to paraphrase Osomatsu-San) not having 10 friends, but having 10 enemies. I like how they all stood strong for their brother when a bully was roughing him up, going as far as getting the wrong kid. The family seems to be written with a nice level of nuance instead of just "look at how many sisters there are. That's gotta suck, right?" which the show could easily fall into.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I also like how Leni's dumb blondness gives the writers opportunity to incorporate some clever wordplay by having her frequently misunderstanding things said by the others. That gives the character more depth rather than have her be just shallow and dim-witted. Luan's awful Fozzie-esque jokes add to the wordplay factor, as well.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I like how they all stood strong for their brother when a bully was roughing him up, going as far as getting the wrong kid.
I also loved how the girls squeed when Lincoln told them that his bully was a girl, and gave him advice on how to woo her instead.
It did seem to work out in the end.

Remorse seems to be a recurring thing among the Louds, too. Lincoln feels it when he emotionally hurts one of his sisters and vice versa. This trait gives even the bratty polar opposite twins a great degree of likeability, something so many other shows with those archetypes fail to do.

Last edited:

Drtooth

Reaction score
While I rarely think a fan art piece, no matter how well done it is, is that significant of me analyzing it on a thread like this, I found this gem.

Because that got me to thinking.

A diminutive scientist with large round glasses voiced by Candi Milo, of course there's a natural connection to Dexter. However, I remembered that Chris Savino, the Loud House creator, did work on Dexter's Laboratory at some point. Specifically he was there when Genndy left to work on Samurai Jack and just as Christine retired from voice acting as Candi took on the role.

So I figured, is that character a subtle shout out to Dexter, if not a direct genderswapped, accentless version of him?