"The Looney Tunes Show" premieres May 3, 2011

Drtooth

Reaction score
I do wish she had kept her Space Jam self since to me that is the character. It's a shame she might just be known as an air head. I mean even a bit crazy me thought she was over the top for a show where they seem to be making everyone into 'normal people...
I swear, it was whoever cast Kirsten Wiig's fault. That's like, every character she plays HAS to be either crazy or a crazy airhead or an awkward crazy airhead.... still, I think the perfect opportunity to make fun of the alpha-female type of character was totally blown. I mean, imagine if she kept challenging Bugs to stuff he doesn't want to do saying "Oh, so you don't think I can beat you?" over and over. That would lead to some very comedic situations. They should have saved crazy airhead for Melissa Duck. Daffy seems to be pretty much the same way (and technically he was starting to get like that in Duck Dodgers... not that I'm complaining).

I don't think reruns kill shows (well, not all of them anyway, somehow I can't sit through Frasier anymore), but I always want something new to supplement the old stuff. I really think it's a shame that Taz-Mania, Seasons 2 onward of Sylvester and Tweety Mysteries, and every episode of Duck Dodgers except for the Green Lantern crossover are completely lost to WB not wanting to release anything that isn't a current sitcom in box format. I will say, much as I like LTshow, those were my favorite made for TV reboots of the characters. The other two I frequently complain about are junk, and guess which one is completely available on DVD and has been for years.

Reruns AND something new is the ticket.

Though again, I think Duck Dodgers and LTShow did the impossible task of making Mac and Tosh actually funny. Man, I just hate them so much.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the Green Loontern episode is going to be on the new Daffy Duck DVD (along with the Drones cartoon that was never released in thetaers. Out of all of the ones liek that, that one was the best).

It didn't really hit me at first, but I soon realized that this is almost virtually The Simpsons, but with Looney Tunes characters, and less cartoon-ish gags. The Simpsons has a whole town of odd characters and I think they're trying to do that with the entire Looney Tunes cast. Compare this show's Daffy and Homer and it seems kinda clear.

The main things I don't like are the lack of cartoon-ish gags and Bugs is totally out of character all the time. He's not the straight man who looks at the camera every time Daffy acts stupid.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the Green Loontern episode is going to be on the new Daffy Duck DVD (along with the Drones cartoon that was never released in thetaers. Out of all of the ones liek that, that one was the best).

The Green Loontern was originally released with the special edition 2 disk version of a DTV Green Lantern animated movie. I forget which one, and there since have been 3 GL DTV DC comics animated films... but it's on one of them. But MAAAN I loved that Attack of the Drones. Zoidberg is in it! Hope they keep him there for the release.

As for Bugs being slightly out of character, that doesn't really bug me. Maybe I just don't like Kristen Wiig... maybe I've seen too many SNL bits where she plays the exact same exact character.... I mean, I'd say Lola's comparable to her Kathy Lee, but again... like, that's every single one of her characters. She definitely has a specialty.

I do agree that the Casa de Calma is the episode they need to keep for future reference. Maybe it's because it was partially written by Doug Langdale (whose credits include Darkwing Duck and Earthworm Jim). Definitely needs to write more. Though, eh... The Foghorn Leghorn Story is a close second favorite.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I miss Taz-Mania...Reruns might kill shows its true, but when the reruns have become as rare and nearly as old as the show itself don't think it would hurt anything..Many of the old LT shows haven't been on in any way for YEARS if you don't get Boomerang (which my town never has)
Boomerang doesnt show anything LT period. But if you absolutly love the same five episodes of the Jetsons, Flintstones and the Smurfs, and most recently Ben 10, the channel is for you!

Anyway, I've watched a few episodes and I feel kinda neutral about it. Its not the best, but it is pretty funny. Merry Melodies has been hit or miss with me. I was completely creeped out by the grilled cheese one. The Road Runner shorts, while I would prefer to have in 2d, or even cell shaded, arent that bad when you get past the animation. The characters dont blend well with the environment. But they did that with the PS2 game Acme Arsenal...its the same animation style. (I think. I've tried to block that game from my mind and pretend I never played it)

Redsonga

Reaction score
I do think Elmer hitting on me was one of those things in life I could have done without FOREVER. He was really not talking about food o.o

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Boomerang doesnt show anything LT period. But if you absolutly love the same five episodes of the Jetsons, Flintstones and the Smurfs, and most recently Ben 10, the channel is for you!
They do play Duck Dodgers.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
No they dont. Not anymore. I have not seen Duck Dodgers on boomerang for at leats 3 months

Redsonga

Reaction score
The weird thing is I thought Duck Dodgers was doing very well..and then they just ended the series *sigh*

Drtooth

Reaction score
Thanks! Now I don't have to wait like 3 weeks for the CN website to have it!

If that episode did anything, it made me slowly warm up to crazy stalker Lola. The character is doing something with her craziness that furthers the plot, rather than just a couple awkward laughs. And there are some little hints at more slapstick humor (especially the Merrie Melodies bit... they're even playing the effenininity of the 2 gophers). Yeah, I do think the show is improving, but Casa del Calma is the episode for them to take note of.

Plus, I like how BOTH ducks were mean to Porky.