"The Looney Tunes Show" premieres May 3, 2011

mr3urious

Reaction score
I watched a few episodes of this show, and "I like it". Bugs and Daffy are really funny as always, and their chemistry is spot on. It's nice that they're trying something different with the franchise like they did with Tiny Toon Adventures rather than copy the success of the original WB shorts. I mean, those would be really hard to top. :smile:

I like the Merrie Melodies, too, especially "Blow My Stack" and "Grilled Cheese". Elmer's seductiveness is both hilarious and a bit of a turnoff! :big_grin:

As for the Road Runner shorts, they're okay, but they could definitely use some improvement in the animation department (the environments seem a little toon-shaded, but not the characters).

Drtooth

Reaction score
I watched a few episodes of this show, and "I like it". Bugs and Daffy are really funny as always, and their chemistry is spot on. It's nice that they're trying something different with the franchise like they did with Tiny Toon Adventures rather than copy the success of the original WB shorts. I mean, those would be really hard to top. :smile:
What makes characters like that work is changing their surroundings and their stories, but NOT changing them (too much). That's why LU and BL were epic fail, and Taz-Mania, Sylvester and Tweety Mysteries, Duck Dodgers, and yes... even Tiny Toons worked so well. Still can't find full episodes, and only seen scenes, but it seems like a fun show.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
There are full episodes online somehwere, that's how I've caught the ones I missed. I think the show's getting better with each episode, but they need a bit more cartoon-ish humor in them. Like Daffy's high-dive and when he introduces Bugs to his country club friends (
Bugsy, Agie, Dicky, Daffy..."). The songs are alright, the Chickenhawk one has some really bad lyrics though (But I love the falsetto parts).

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Did anyone see the "Casa De Calma" episode? It was apparently an episode originally meant for the show's original format (called "Laff Riot") and it was a lot more like the classic shorts. I loved all the slapstick and I kinda wish the series had more.

Also, I read that some old Mel Blanc Looney Tunes recordings have been made in CGI shorts and will debut this year. As neat as that sounds, I don't care for the use of CGI. I don't mind it for Road Runner shorts (which look gorgeous) however.

beakerboy12

Reaction score
I for one, love this show! I've seen a bunch of the episodes, I especially love "Casa De Calma" and "Devil Dog". This is giving me the biggest laughs! The Merrie Melodies are especially funny! I just can't get enough!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Eh... I only found clips. Why is it that I can find Mad, Adventure Time and Regular show with NO problem but LT show is so bleeding hard?

I really dig what I'm seeing so far. Why is it that in the preview Jeff's Daffy sounded off, but in the show itself it sounds perfect?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
"Casa de Calma" is on CN's video site, if your Internet will allow a buffer-free viewing.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Luckily, it only buffered during its own breaks (I guess commercials were supposed to go there, or it's something to prevent media conversions... I dunno), but it still took a while to load after each one.

So far, I'm quite impressed. The only thing I didn;t think was absolutely wonderful was the Road Runner short, but ONLY due to the fact it looked like a PS2 cutscene for a Looney Tunes game. Gotta love Daffy's Trailer Trash family and the bodyguard that kept punching him in the face. Great stuff.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Sadly, that's the most cartoony of them. I agree with what Doug Walker said about "Animaniacs" and "Family Guy" in that they take advantage of the fact that it's animation and they can do anything. I think a lot of animated kids shows need to follow that. And this current Looney Tunes show isn't and that's virtually my main problem.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I haven't seen much of any other episodes, but I can kind of tell what they're going for. But I've also seen cartoons sharply change direction in one or two episodes. Maybe this episode's the start of something, maybe it needs to be retooled a bit more. I like it fine, but it needs to be more like this one. Seinfeld wasn't itself until maybe the third or forth season. Maybe the writing needs to evolve or something to REALLY get the show going.

I mean, Regular Show looks like a straightforward indie buddy pic comedy type thing, then halfway through the episode something totally batcrap insane happens. That's why I love that one.