The Long-Awaited Dark Crystal Sequel Will Be a Comic Book

Mystic Master

Reaction score
I suppose this is better than nothing. I've read and enjoyed all the Dark Crystal Creation Myths graphic novels, so this will be a welcome addition to my reading list.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
This is probably the route a lot of Henson's long promised projects should go, considering some of them have been announced about ten years ago or more. It's much cheaper this way, and you don't have to worry about budget constraints or over editing. Maybe the Fraggle Rock movie, the Labyrinth sequel and that "Happytime Murders" movie could all be comics. And who knows, maybe if some of the comics are popular other studios might want to make something out of them.

Mystic Master

Reaction score
Has anyone been reading the Power of the Dark Crystal comics? I didn't realize they were already several issues in. I was at a book store and noticed issue #3 on the shelf. Not sure if I want to pick up individual comics or wait for them to be combined into a single book...

The 11th UrRu

Reaction score
Has anyone been reading the Power of the Dark Crystal comics? I didn't realize they were already several issues in. I was at a book store and noticed issue #3 on the shelf. Not sure if I want to pick up individual comics or wait for them to be combined into a single book...
I am actually picking up #4 today, just came out. It's good, very faithful and likely would have made a good movie.

Volume 1 of the series is coming out in Hardcover this Halloween according to Amazon. Not sure if it will be all 12 issues if they are calling it volume 1.

Mystic Master

Reaction score
Good to hear, according to the book store, the first compilation volume will be made up of 6 issues for $25.

LeanneRivett

Reaction score
Paul brought me the hardback for Christmas, I've just sat a read it, I believe it is the first 4 volumes, the story is so good, it harks back to the original and I love Kensho, he is my new favourite.

Mystic Master

Reaction score
Yes, 4 issues per volume - I have read volume 1 and 2 thus far, but 3 isn't due out until September according to Amazon - don't know if I can wait that long!