The Kid Cosmic Thread

C to the J

Reaction score
I don't know if it's too early to talk about it, but I'll go ahead and start the thread.

Over two years ago, it was announced that Craig McCracken, creator of The Powerpuff Girls, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, and (the still incomplete) Wander Over Yonder, would be working on a new cartoon for Netflix: Kid Cosmic. The description that came with the announcement reads:
"This is a show about a young boy who dreams of becoming a hero, and when he stumbles across some cosmic stones of power, his dreams appear to have come true! Unfortunately, the reality of being a hero vs. the fantasy of being a hero are completely different and this challenge becomes the biggest battle he has to face. The Kid may be the good guy, but he's really bad at it!"
This reminds me of a delusional wannabe voiced by James Marsden (Brad Starlight from WOY) and also Don Coyote (a parody of Don Quixote).

Now at long last, we have an image depicting characters from the show. Featured on the cover of the upcoming issue of Animation Magazine are KC himself (the blonde boy with the green ring), Tuna Sandwich (the fat cat with the red ring), Jo (the waitress with the purple ring), Rosa (the unibrow girl with the blue ring), and Papa G (the bearded man with the yellow ring, styled after a certain Jack McBrayerlien).

Five rings that grant the users special powers - that's a unique concept. Craig did say he was taking inspiration from the cartoonists responsible for Tintin, Peanuts, and Dennis the Menace. I might be going off topic here, but I'm working on an illustrator image where KC tells the audience, "Watch my show and tell your friends so we'll make that Mousey Company understand how much we like Mr. McCracken's creativity and bring back my half-brother for one more season!"

Without question, Disney did Craig wrong. Considering they downplayed WOY and put too much emphasis on Phineas and Ferb, Gravity Falls, and Star vs. the Forces of Evil while KC was in the early stages of development, I don’t blame Craig for leaving the company. There might still be hope yet. Here’s what I figure: We boost viewership for Kid Cosmic, Netflix gets the income, Craig puts the money towards S3 or a TV movie for WOY, and assuming KC is already finished story-wise, Disney will let Craig work on S3 or the movie and put it on Disney+. If not, maybe Netflix should buy the rights to WOY so Craig can finish it his way right then and there. It's not like Disney will want to use WOY for their own purposes. Anyway, check out KC when it comes to Netflix in early 2021, and if Papa G wearing a green hat and an orange shirt is any indication, maybe Craig will figure out how to get back to unfinished business.

On another note, since the WOY thread has been perpetually deserted even with my latest posts, I'm now going to share a couple of WOY fan fictions I recently made:

The Eye on the Galaxy - As shown at the end of The End of the Galaxy, Lord Hater chases Wander and Sylvia around the new galaxy. Meanwhile, Andy the Watchdog interviews the refugees on the ex-secret planet so the other Watchdogs get to know more about them and their needs. This serves as a series of shorts taking place before the currently shelved third season.

The Incomplete Story - Having discovered that Wander's story in incomplete, Ms. Myrtle the Eternal Turtle visits publisher/producer Dizz Gnee so she can reason with him.

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
"A loving homage to yesteryear's comics"? That's literally what Chris Savino was going for with TLH.

I will say this though, that title character looks almost exactly like Paul Williams as depicted in that Dexter episode "Just An Old Fashioned Lab Song."

C to the J

Reaction score
Like most fans of WOY, I thought KC was going to be made at DTVA. That was long before the announcement and the title were brought up in late 2018, of course. It’s a good thing it was made at Netflix instead. The show would’ve had a hard time getting the same amount of love other recent shows are getting from Disney’s bosses, like Amphibia and The Owl House.

Last edited:

C to the J

Reaction score
Here’s the cast (we know so far) for the show:

JACK FISHER: Kid
KEITH FERGUSON: Papa G
AMANDA C. MILLER: Jo
LILY ROSE SILVER: Rosa
FRED TATASCIORE: Tuna Sandwich
TOM KENNY: Stuck Chuck (the alien talking at the end of the trailer)

Half of the cast lent their voices for WOY, but I’ve never really heard of the other half. Obviously, KC wouldn’t be a McCracken cartoon without Tom Kenny. I wonder if voice actors from previous McCracken cartoons will also play a role or two. Tara Strong comes to mind.

Last edited:

C to the J

Reaction score
Only one more week until it comes to Netflix. While we wait, I’d like to mention that there’s another WOY S3-related breakthrough hidden in an article on CBR.com.

When asked if the Earth Force Enforcement Force (from KC) was created before or after the Space Force became a thing, Craig McCracken replied:
It was actually created before. It was an idea I had a few years ago. There was a version of it in some Wander episodes we were thinking of doing for a potential Season 3... "Star Force Enforcement Force," but we didn't end up making that series, so I just modified it to the Earth Force Enforcement Force. But yeah, it's not a comment on the Space Force at all!
I don’t know who or what is in the Star Force Enforcement Force, but that’s enough to make me even more curious about the plans for Wander’s third season. Think about it. It took Craig about a year and three months after the show’s cancellation to reveal the name of Wander and Sylvia’s ship (The Star Nomad) - you can thank me for unintentionally getting him to reveal it. By contrast, it took him over four and a half years after cancellation to bring up the SFEF.

Come now, Craig, just because Disney never gave you permission to work on one more season of WOY doesn’t mean you can’t tell us more about Season 3. What if an important voice actor or two becomes deceased? Would you have to think of a suitable replacement or reveal the plans you’ve been keeping under your proverbial hat for years? You can’t keep us in the dark forever.

Still, I’m sure Kid Cosmic will have more S3-related clues. I can imagine KC having a wall decorated with sketches of the main characters from WOY thrown in as Easter eggs, and some of the sketches might feature the three new mains planned to debut in S3. Maybe Papa G will tell eccentric stories that provide hints about the plots of S3’s episodes. After all, he is styled after you-know-who.

Last edited:

C to the J

Reaction score
So what do you all think? The tenth and final episode of the season has a bit of a cliffhanger and I'm interested in seeing what's going to happen. According to Nico Colaleo, one of the members of the KC crew, there are two more seasons on the way. Craig has made one heck of a watchable cartoon. I'm positive Netflix won't blow it like Disney did with Wander - I'd like to see both shows get true closure before Craig retires.

I'd like to mention that the show makes a reference to Grop at least twice.
Kid has a comic book with only its title shown, “Hate Lord of Space.”
They also happen to be remnants of planets that were destroyed by a yet-to-be-seen antagonist, and the inhabitants from those planets have their respective abilities. Also, there are 8 more stones, as suggested in episodes 3 and 10.

On another note, the rest of the voice cast consists of Eric Bauza, Michaela Dietz, Rich Fulcher, Grey Griffin, Jason Hightower, Phil LaMarr, Christian Lanz, Sam Riegel, Cree Summer, and Kim Yarbrough. Other additional voices are provided by Keith, Tom, and Fred.

Last edited:

C to the J

Reaction score
If you haven’t already checked out Kid Cosmic, please do. There may be hope for those who still want to know more about S3 of Wander Over Yonder (not that anybody on this forum cares).

Dave Thomas (a member of the WOY team) said that he personally put a ton of S3-related Easter Eggs into the board of the series finale. He said so himself. Assuming S2 is released somewhere near the end of the year, we can expect S3 sometime next year. If those Easter Eggs do make the cut, Wander fans will probably be like, “In your face, higher-up Disney bosses!”

C to the J

Reaction score
The second season trailer just came out.
In this season, it was said that Bobby Moynihan is performing Fantos. There’s also a third season in the works, and according to Craig, each season is centered around a particular character. S1 was about the Kid learning that heroes help. S2 will be about Jo discovering that heroes care. S3 will be about Papa G accepting that heroes sacrifice.

I wonder if Craig loves Netflix more than he loves Disney. He has an account on Disney+, as the picture he posted on Twitter on the day Wander Over Yonder came to Disney+ suggests.