The Kermit Collar Point Counting Club

Hubert

Reaction score
I'm sure everyone's experienced this: You're having a great day, and you're at a store. Your day gets even better when you see some Kermit merchandise, and you the first thing that comes to your mind to do is count to make sure this depiction of Kermit has the 11 collar points he is supposed to have. Then, you're day gets a lot worse, WHEN YOU SEE MUPPET MERCHANDISE DEPICTING KERMIT WITH THE WRONG NUMBER OF COLLARS! Then you get mad, and threaten to it not to buy it because of that, but end up buying it anyway. (Threats don't work too well on merchandise)

So this is the thread to express your frustration of merchandise depicting Kermit with less or more than 11 collar points. I'll start out with these two:

First off, we've got this Jim Shore Kermit Statue. It's a very nice piece of merchandise, but when you count the collar points (it's quite hard to do this by looking at the picture), Kermit only has 10 collar points!

Then, we've got this Kermit head shaker from Muppet Yahtzee. It's neat to have a Kermit head shaker, but when you count the collar points, the total comes out to 12, instead of 11!

So what are your Kermit collar point counting experiences? I'll even keep track of how many items we find of each number, and post it here occasionally.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Yup. I notice it. It happens. I didn't know about Kermit's collar points until about a decade ago. Unfortunately that was after I made this cute little Kermit model with frog knows how many points!
There is some substandard Muppet stuff out there, but I'm glad we're at least getting more stuff. Disney's licensors are still learning the book on the characters. It is getting better. :smile:

Hubert

Reaction score
Another one I found: I have a pair of small Kermit slippers made for like 4-6 year olds to wear, with Kermit's head on top of the front of each one. I noticed that the heads only have collar points on the front, with none on the back. So when you count them, they come out to 8 collar points.

Our current tally so far:
12 points - 1 item
11 points - 1 item
8 points - 1 item
Frog Knows How Many points - 1 fan made item

Avilos

Reaction score
So what are the thoughts on the collar? Is it part of Kermit's body. Or just something he wears. I think the second makes more sense. Frogs don't have collars. Also it would explain why the collar is different over the years.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Definately an article of clothing; he's taken it off on rare occasion (usually when wearing some other type of outfit) - plus let's not forget the Crystal Gayle eppy of TMS where the Prairie Dogs steal his collar!

As for the title of this thread, i considered joining the club, but decided "what's the point?"

(Hoping the maderators don't randomly decide this title's thread at some point since then that joke won't make sense)

Avilos

Reaction score
Definately an article of clothing; he's taken it off on rare occasion (usually when wearing some other type of outfit) - plus let's not forget the Crystal Gayle eppy of TMS where the Prairie Dogs steal his collar!
I have never seen the Crystal Gale episode, at least not that I remember I might of as a kid. Thanks for the info. Another reason the rest of the show needs to come to DVD!

Yeah, wearing other outfits was also proof to me. Along with never seeing a collar on Muppet Babies.

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
Kermit Piggy Bank = 10 points
Walmart Finger Puppet = 12 points
Build-a-bear = 11 points
Disney Store Plush = 11 points
MR Kermit = 11 points

:smile::smile::smile::smile:

panmanthe2nd

Reaction score
I'm ashamed to say that I didn't know there was a right number of points. Now that I do, I'll have to go and count the points on all the Kermit things I can find in the house!