The "It was just like in that movie" Thread

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
So, this is just the thread that shows how art and life imitate each other. Maybe you met a person very similar to a character in your favorite movie as a kid. Or maybe you had to do something similar to the plot in a novel you read for homework. If you've had any experiences recently or a memory similar to that in a movie, TV show, book, etc. this is just the random thread for you to post about it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
My favorite episode of Cow and Chicken was about Chicken finding a credit card in his cereal box, and using it to buy junk, only to find that he can't pay back the interest.

Years later, I ripped that off for a story arc for my old comic strip series I did back in the early and mid 2000s.

Guess what I found in my box of Trix this time last year?

APRena

Reaction score
There was this one episode of Recess where Spinelli calls the teacher "Mom"... annnnd I think that one is self-explanatory. This was in the seventh grade. :embarrassed:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
There was this one episode of Recess where Spinelli calls the teacher "Mom"... annnnd I think that one is self-explanatory. This was in the seventh grade. :embarrassed:
EVERYBODY's gone through that one... it's just half of them aren't gonna admit it... but they all go through it.

APRena

Reaction score
So do I get a cookie for admitting it or something? :stick_out_tongue:

APRena

Reaction score
*fails to catch cookie* *cookie falls to ground* *glances around suspiciously for people who may not appreciate the 5 second rule as much as I* *eats* :hungry:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I had a real quick, close save in that situation once...

I was speaking with my Grade 7 homeroom teacher (before they did away with homeroom) one day, and while he was grading papers, I still sat in front of his desk conversing before class change; suddenly I began to say "Well da--", and in that split second I realized what I was about to say, so I quickly adlibbed a bit of scatting... "da-da-da, bop-bop, ba-dah-ba-bop..." kinda thing...

PHEW!

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
Remember that episode of The Twilight Zone where the people were performing a radio drama series and whenever they would say something happening in the script, it would happen in the studio to them? Or any book/movie/TV show including whatever somebody says, draws, etc. coming true?

Well, on the last day of school, I was in my mom's classroom waiting to go home already, so I grabbed a sheet of paper and started writing. In one paragraph, one of the main characters is slow dancing with another character, but he trips over his own foot and they both end up falling to the floor.

Then, a few minutes later, I was walking to the water fountain, but when I got back in the classroom I, you guessed it, tripped over my own feet. But sadly, it wasn't as awesome considering I was all alone, the floor was very hard, and my foot ended up hurting for a few days after that. :stick_out_tongue: