The "I Did Something Stupid Today" Thread

Nick22

Reaction score
I keep forgetting to post this...

So, the day before yesterday, I made a quick stop at the store, to pick a few littles things, and I needed to get some personal care items (deodorant, razors, that sort of thing)... so I head down the aisle, and there's a couple of women down the aisle, both giving me weird looks like what in the world's up with this guy... then as I'm approaching the middle of the aisle, I realize why: I was in the hygiene section alright, but I took a wrong turn, and accidentally went down the FEMININE hygiene aisle.

:embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed:
niiiiiiiiiicceee

muppet fan girl

Reaction score

This was actually yesterday but..
I was about to empty my computers recycling bin and instead of hitting the button which said 'Empty recycling bin' I clicked on 'Delete' so in other words I deleted my recycling bin. I'm still trying to figure out how to get it back :embarrassed:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Sitting through Bobby "Boris" Pickett songs on Comfinicast's Halloween Music Choice channel...

Seruiously, I mean, if you've heard one Bobby "Boris" Pickett song (more than likely "Monster Mash"), you've seriously heard them ALL... they are ALL exactly the same! Same melody, same tune, same chorus, same backup singers, same "Waa-ooohs", and even a poor attempt in one song to poke fun at how the "Monster Mash" is now the "Monster Swim" (Dracula asks, "Vot everrrr hoppened to de Monsterrrr Mash?").

We Got Us

Reaction score
I did...my voice was out and squeaky and I had had a lot of caffeine, so my sister goes "You sound like Skeeter!" Me: >imitates Skeeter passably well< Ruby: "You should totally call Jim Henson studios and pretend to be her. Be like 'hey, why don't i get a part in anything anymore?'" Me: >laughs as she reaches for the phone<.... Yeah, well Henson studios didn't pick up, but three of the five other people I called did. Example> Woman: "Hello?" Me: "Hey, this is Skeeter. Is Scooter in?" Woman: "Uhm, no. You must have the wrong number." Me: "Are you sure? This is his twin sister." >insert wild laughter from my sister in the other room< Woman: "Yeah, you must have the wrong number." Me: "Well crud, I've only been stuck in the amazon for seven years..." >hangs up< Yes, I realize that may have been the most juvenile/nerdy phone prank ever, and no one will probably get it. Sorry to make you guys look bad, lol.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Friday, On my way home after taking two exams, one being a written essay test, my brain had pretty much stopped working. So, my mom was driving as points out the window, telling me to look at the lights (christmas lights). So I respond by asking (and I still don't know why I said this) "Is that a plane?"

Yes, a plane is going to be stuck in the middle of some woods next to a road *facepalm*

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I bought a twix yesterday and for the life of me thought I put it in the freezer. I couldnt find it yesterday. So what do I see when I go to make ramen? The twix. In the microwave *facepalm*

Edit: Oh look, hi me up there! Didn't realize I double posted XD

Ozymandias

Reaction score
Something tells me I'm going to be monopolizing this thread before long. XD

You know you're tired when you put in a load of laundry to be washed, wait for it to wash, and just when you go to put it in the dryer you realize you forgot to put in laundry detergent. :embarrassed: *facepalm*

Oh well, back in the wash it all goes! :big_grin:

We Got Us

Reaction score
Something tells me I'm going to be monopolizing this thread before long. XD

You know you're tired when you put in a load of laundry to be washed, wait for it to wash, and just when you go to put it in the dryer you realize you forgot to put in laundry detergent. :embarrassed: *facepalm*

Oh well, back in the wash it all goes! :big_grin:
Lol! I do that all the time! Or, when your talking on the phone and doing laundry and throw your phone into the dryer and don't notice for about two minutes. :stick_out_tongue: Yes, it's possible.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Ikeep glancing over at Sarge's new avatar, and think it's Drtooth, because Dr. Robotnik seems like just the kind of av he'd have.

But anyway, this is what happened the other day, but it's something that throws back to what I started this thread with: so I got a wrong number from one of those auto-dialers again for scam companies and whatnot, which I was suddenly struck by a bit of inspiration from Kramer: remember when he was at war with the cable guy, and at one point when the cable guy calls, he actually put him on hold by excusing himself from the phone, and putting it next to a tape recorder? Well, I answered my phone, then placed it under the TV speaker, so the robots on the other end could listen to Kramer's rant abotu golfing with Gendarsin... they hungup within ten seconds.

Misskermie

Reaction score
Okay, so there's this person who keeps calling me on a nightly basis... he/she obviously has the wrong number, but doesn't realize because he/she keeps calling me every night.

This been going on for a week now, though prior to this, it's been like a once-in-a-blue-moon thing (this is my cellphone we're talking about); I never answer these calls, because I only accept calls from people I know (and I hate talking on the phone anyway), but tonight was the final straw, so I finally answered, and promptly told this person "Look, I don't care who you're calling, no matter who you're calling you still got the wrong number because I don't even have a phone!" And I abrupted hung up.

Stupid I know, but now I can't stop laughing because of how stupid and mundane the whole thing was, but I HOPE this'll be the last "obscene" phone call I get for quite some time.:halo:
I always talk to the person, then finally reveal I'm not who they thought they were talking to lol.