The humans' last names on the show

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Leaves Kathy Greenwood for Snowth. You found one of the first sites I used waaaaaaaay back for the first few Muppet Listings. There are a few inconsistencies with it though. Gina Monster, heh. *Cryptically smiles at that little gem.

CherryPizza

Reaction score
True about Figueroa, though Sesame Street Unpaved DOES cite that Bob's last name on the show is also McGrath, but I think I do remember reading somewhere that it was Johnson now that you mention it...

Alas, Unpaved is not the source of insight that many like to hope it is/was. There was a time in the early 00s when alt.tv.sesame-street would be filled with people regurgitating the book as though it was the be-all and end-all of SS knowledge... one of the many reasons I was pleased to find this forum.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Originally Posted by D'Snowth
True about Figueroa, though Sesame Street Unpaved DOES cite that Bob's last name on the show is also McGrath, but I think I do remember reading somewhere that it was Johnson now that you mention it...
Yeah. That's what confuses me about Bob's last name. Different sources say different things. So unless it's actually established on the show it's hard to know what to believe. I sort of have the same feeling about Wade of Kim Possible. Sources say his full name is Wade Load, but I haven't heard that mentioned at any point on the show, so I wonder if that's really correct.

As for David, that's baseless rumoring started by his association with Olivia who is Gordon's sister, and thus she shares the last name Robinson. But not David.
True. Unless he happens to have the last name Robinson by coincidence. It's not really an uncommon name. Like someone mentioned before, if David had been around longer, they might have given him a last name.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Yes. Sesame Unpaved, as great as it was, had several glaring factual errors. After 4200 episodes (counting season 40 still to be aired), Bob Johnson probably was mentioned or alluded to (via a prop) on at least one occasion on the show. I'll admit that "Bob Johnson" does ring a bell outside the trivia quiz, but i could not cite the particular episode.

Of course then that begs the question...even though it is one of the most common names out there, one still must wonder if maybe Bob is related to Grover's constant customer, Mr. Johnson? (And by extension, his brother Simon Soundman?)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You all talk about Sesame Street Unpaved being littered with errors... what other errors are there in this book, other than Bob's alleged last name?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Of course then that begs the question...even though it is one of the most common names out there, one still must wonder if maybe Bob is related to Grover's constant customer, Mr. Johnson? (And by extension, his brother Simon Soundman?)
Yeah, I can see a resemblance there. Maybe their distant cousins. Lol.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Yeah, for some reason, the name Johnson rigs a bell too. and I remember hearing it sometime on the show, too.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, I tried to do something by proxy a while back to shed some light on the subject, so I contacted Sesame Workshop via e-mail for a confirmation as to what Bob's last name on the show really is.

I never heard back from them, so I guess we'll never know, lol.