"The Happytime Murders" premieres August 24, 2018

Beauregard

Reaction score
I always love when that happens! I am still always in a semi-state of shock when someone starts talking about Labyrinth or Dark Crystal without my mentioning it!

Bea:zany:{Not that I have even seen Dark Crystal...}regard

Redsonga

Reaction score
I was thinking what if the normal muppets actually live in the same world where puppets are 2nd class and Kermit and friends are just the lucky ones?

Beauregard

Reaction score
Oooh! That interesting. Because I totally love the concept, but am not a huge fan of the Puppets Up character designs. I'll still be interested to see it, expecially as they are going to do stuff in different genre's!

Muelman

Reaction score
It's still listed as "in development" on IMDb, but it doesn't look like there's been any new information on it in about a year or so. Is it dead on the vine?

Super Scooter

Reaction score
There was an interview with Brian Henson about a month ago where he mentioned the movie. He was talking it up as an R-rated comedy.

Muelman

Reaction score
If you guys like the premise of "Happy Time Murders" you should check out my new short film, "Shadow Puppets". It's sort of a Hitchcock's "Rear Window", Tom Hanks in "The Burbs" film about a man who's racist towards puppets becoming obsessed over the puppets that move into his neighborhood. It just screened at the Friar's Club Comedy Fest in New York and will be screening at the Los Angeles Comedy at the beginning of November. Follow the link to the trailer...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=475Mr2d61os

Thanks, Muel

Drtooth

Reaction score
According to this story at EW, the movie is moving forward at Lionsgate. Neat!

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/10/13/brian-henson-happytime-murders/
This is EXACTLY why I think they should dump Weinstine and go with Lionsgate with the Fraggle movie.

Really, Weinstine doesn't WANT to make movies anymore. They want to just hold onto whatever they have left and cry in a corner. Lionsgate was the best thing to happen to Henson (odd unrightful claims to various segments on Youtube excluded of course).