"The Happytime Murders" premieres August 24, 2018

MWoO

Reaction score
So... is it just me, or does the new Detective Pikachu trailer look like the type of film Happy Time Murders should have been?

The movie is taking Pokemon, a childhood property, and making a realistic "gritty" buddy cop movie. They make jokes about the Pokemon like interrogating a Mr. Mime, saying they will make him talk. The movie looks like it plays on your expectations of what a Pokemon movie is. It seems like this is what a PG Happy Time Murders would have looked like and it seems to be widely loved by the internet.

Perhaps Brian Henson was wrong to go the hard R route and should have gone PG or even PG-13.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I would like to point out that when the DVD comes out December 4th, one of the bonus features will be a commentary by Brian Henson and Bill Barretta! Even the people who weren't crazy about the movie, you gotta admit that makes the DVD worth buying. For instance, I'm not really a fan of the Dark Crystal, but I like watching the behind-the-scenes footage and listening to the commentary.

MWoO

Reaction score
Will the DVD have an extended directors cut?

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Now that the film's out on DVD, is anyone willing to make a version with Melissa McCarthy and the 2 sex scenes edited out for certain people who won't give the movie a chance for those reasons? Little word of advice: Instead of just cutting to the next scene, show text describing what's going on so the audience isn't lost. Also if Melisa's in a scene with a puppet, just zoom in on the puppet so they don't miss the awesome performances by the puppeteers.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
Now that the film's out on DVD, is anyone willing to make a version with Melissa McCarthy and the 2 sex scenes edited out for certain people who won't give the movie a chance for those reasons? Little word of advice: Instead of just cutting to the next scene, show text describing what's going on so the audience isn't lost. Also if Melisa's in a scene with a puppet, just zoom in on the puppet so they don't miss the awesome performances by the puppeteers.

Sounds bloody stupid to take out the main actor in the film