"The Happytime Murders" premieres August 24, 2018

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe you've fallen prey to the :boo: and :sleep: Syndrome, crabbily grumping at anything new just for the sake of chiming in to grump about it.

*Calls Dr. Bob to make an appointment for der Snowth.

gravy

Reaction score
I like Maya Rudolph, but again, it's gotten to a point now where practically every comedy movie has SNL castmembers shoehorned into the cast when any other actors out there could play the roles.
sometimes regular actors arent funny.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Once again, not every single comedy movie in cinema has to have SNL castmembers shoehorned into the picture.

I like Maya Rudolph, but again, it's gotten to a point now where practically every comedy movie has SNL castmembers shoehorned into the cast when any other actors out there could play the roles. Same with TV shows - NBC has gotten notorious for handing new shows over to SNL castmembers on silver platters: Amy Poehler is supposedly showrunning and directing a "sitcom" about Kevin Bacon and Elizabeth Perkins being the king and queen of a strange, far off land; and Seth Meyers was just recently tapped to try to reboot THE MUNSTERS again (this after Jerry O'Connell failed at it a few years ago).

But then again, why should I even bother critiquing a movie I'm not going to see anyway?
If you're planning on not seeing the movie, you have no idea as to whether or not "any other actor" could play Maya's role because you don't know what it is or entails.

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
I'm actually looking forward to this one. I've never actually watched anything that Melissa McCarthy has been apart of, so I really can't make any pre-judgements about her involvement.

For once in my life, I'll be going into this film completely blind. Hopefully that will bode well.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Bill Barretta is going to play the lead role!
http://www.toughpigs.com/banks-barretta-happytime/

Also, Elisabeth Banks is going to be in it, but Bill Barretta, you guys! I can't believe this is actually happening. This is shaping into a real movie :excited:. I know I keep saying this but, this could really be a big step for puppetry in the mainstream. Even if I don't end up liking the movie, I still hope it becomes a success.

Hey wait. I just realized: Is this gonna be like Who Framed Roger Rabbit? but with puppets instead of cartoons.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Just announced that Joel McHale has been added to the movie's cast as a stern FBI agent. This makes me think they're trying to cram as many film noire tropes into one by adding the outside agent who has been assigned to take over jurisdiction from the already investigating investigator, kind of how :search: had Inspector Lestrad.
At any rate, I'm looking forward to this movie more and more.

NLPuppetGuy

Reaction score
Sorry if this has already been asked answered, is the film rated R or PG-13

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Er, the film is still in the production phases, so there's not any available information at the moment regarding either its MPAA rating nor release date.