The Hand Wriiten Pleage To Disney & The Muppets

dabauckham

Reaction score
Happy to help out, Dwayne. :smile:

How are we going to keep track of people writing letters? I really think it would be good to know...

I guess I'm also wondering if the idea is still to have a basic form letter written up and posted on here, which others can then take, adapt, and handwrite on their own. Dwayne, your letter obviously has some things in it specific to you (which is totally fine), so when it's edited and complete, will the letter be placed here with the understanding that others will take it, make changes that individualize the letter for them, and then handwrite it?

Also, is there a way to have all the letters sent out around the same time? I think this would be more powerful than simply sending them very spread out over a long period of time.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Vey good qustions im glad people are thinking, Sure i could fix the letter, or leave it as it is right now. That way as you said people could use that as a foundation, and write there own. I also like the idea of having them all sent at the same time. When anyone who is writing a letter get it done just pm or e mail me and then i will pm or e mail you my address then i will have all the letters and when i get a lot of them i will send them. I might send like ten at a time and do that every week or day. to make sure they are always geting letters and not just one big hump of letters and that be it. and when you sendme the letter i will put in C O (in care of) on them and have your alls addys on them to let them think im not the one sending all the letters.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
one more side note too... Disney has owned the Muppets (and Bear) since Feb 2004, not 2005 :smirk:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I won't actually write a letter Dwayne, but I admire your spirit and I wish you all the best of luck for yourself and for me and for the rest of us Muppet fans. :smile:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
thanks for your kind words bill sorry you wont be helping in the cause, but that don't mean we are not friends

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I have written my letter. I'd type it out and show it to you guys, but the computer I'm on this week is so terribly slow it would be like grating my teeth to type the entire thing out. So Monday I'll type it all out for you all.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
this is great one letter already its at least a start

dabauckham

Reaction score
I dashed this off rather quickly, but... here is a letter I just wrote. I'd be happy for any comments or constructive criticism.

Dear Walt Disney Company:

I am writing to you about Jim Henson’s Muppets. First of all, thank you for what you have already done to publicize the Muppets, which includes releasing the first season of the Muppet Show and several Muppet movies on DVD and creating the theme park attraction Muppets in 3D in conjunction with Jim Henson. I appreciate what you have done; however, I think that more publicity and productions are needed to bring the Muppets back into the center of public attention. The Muppets are very marketable; if they were gradually brought back in a creative way, such as an original mini-series, I truly believe that you would find they still have mass appeal. The muppets are universal and will always be that way; however, Muppet Wizard of Oz was not as successful as past productions, because it was too derivative and did not take any risks. To be successful, the Muppets need to be featured in the original zany humor that first made the public love them.

Besides their marketing appeal, the Muppets spread a simple message of peace, innocence, tolerance, and humor. All of these things are sorely needed in our society today. As I was growing up, the Muppets helped to inform my own moral values and sense of self in a very positive way. There is nothing more powerful than that. Please do honor to Jim Henson’s legacy and continue to create new, high-quality Muppet products!

I appreciate your time, and sincerely hope that this letter and others will help speed along the development of the Muppets.

Respectfully,

David Bauckham

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Here's my letter! Hope it's okay! :big_grin:

Dear Walt Disney Company or Muppet Studios,

My name is Ryan *omitted*. I’m sixteen-years old and I’m an outspoken, obsessed Muppet fan. Since 2004, I’ve been fervently collecting Muppet merchandise. Imagine my utter delight when I learned that Disney, one of the biggest entertainment empires of all time, had bought the Muppets. I knew that this new partnership would bring merchandise, television appearances, movies, and more involving those loveable Muppets. Sadly, so far I’ve been wrong.

Since the 2004 acquisition, we Muppet fans have seen five movies released on DVD with a very slim selection of bonus features, a new Christmas CD (which was very, very good), a few pieces of widely-available merchandise, and the pinnacle of widely-available releases, "The Muppet Show: Season 1" DVD box set. All of the merchandise that has been released has been top-quality, but there hasn’t been much of anything at all.

Along with the upsetting amount of merchandise released, the Muppets have experienced more cancellations since 2004 than ever before. Of course "The Muppets’ Wizard of Oz" was released in May 2005, but that was supposed to kick off Kermit’s World Tour, celebrating his 50th birthday. Kermit made four of five out of fifty stops before his big tour was cancelled for unknown reasons. Also, a new Christmas special, a roast of Kermit, and "America’s Next Muppet" were all cancelled as well.

As of now, we Muppet fans are awaiting the long overdue release of "The Muppet Show: Season 2" DVD box-set, and a newly-filmed pilot for a new Muppet television series. I think that both of these new, exciting Muppet things will delight the fans. Yes, the fans. Not just the younger viewing audience, but the older audience too. The Muppets were designed by Jim Henson to appeal to everyone, regardless of age. Most of the Muppets’ fan-base are adults living off the nostalgia of their childhood. Those fans are out there, in greater numbers than you could imagine. If you don’t believe me, you’ve never visited such fan-sites as muppetcentral.com or toughpigs.com. Those two sites are bustling with Muppet fans world-wide. These fans want to see the Muppets return to their former glory, and the Walt Disney Company has the power to do just that.

If the Muppets are ever going to be as big as they were, they need a prime-time television show, or special that reintroduces the characters to the public eye. Not just Kermit and Miss Piggy, but Fozzie Bear, Gonzo, Rowlf, Scooter, the Electric Mayhem, Clifford, etc. If the Muppets are ever going to bring in as much money as they used to, the public needs to know the characters again.

As Muppet fans, we do everything we can to propel the Muppets to the top. Buy the merchandise, wear the t-shirts, visit the fan-sites, etc. After that, the responsibility falls on you. The fans believe that the Muppets will survive forever, does the Walt Disney Company?

As a very famous frog once said, "Life’s like a movie, write your own ending. Keep believing, keep pretending."

Thank you, Walt Disney Company, for believing.

Sincerely,
Ryan *omitted*