"The Green Album" track list and album artwork

Status
Not open for further replies.

muppetsliveon

Reaction score
Can somebody try uploading a different link to the ok go cover? I can't get it to work.

jacobsnchz

Reaction score
hmm...when I follow that link all I get is a blank screen.
Same here... I don't usually like tribute albums... just recently wanted to get "Almost Alice" based on Burton's Wonderland, and after listening to it, I changed my mind... I want to hear THE GREEN ALBUM, though, because I actually know these songs and are covers, let alone songs "inspired by".

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
OMG! When did they announce the contest winner?

theprawncracker

Reaction score
OMG! When did they announce the contest winner?
BOO!! :grr: Ugh. I'm so disappointed that you didn't win, Jamie. I'm really sorry, my friend. You know that you're the winner in all of our minds. You deserved it, your design took the most time and effort, and it's a crying shame that you didn't get the prize. I wish there was a way the Mindset could sell your shirt... but of course Disney won't share the wealth.

In other news... you can now listen to My Morning Jacket's cover of "Our World"
http://www.spin.com/articles/exclusive-my-morning-jacket-cover-muppets

It might curb the disappointment of Jamie not winning... BOO! :boo:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Congrats to the winner. I admit to feeling kind of strange about this.

On one hand, the Green Album cover designer had a very similar idea to mine and somehow this was closely linked to the tee-shirt contest. It could be pure coincidence and I can understand why they wouldn't want competing visuals for their package deal. It's a compliment that the official album cover designer and I have the same thoughts on composition so I'll take that.

On the other hand, I completely expected the *blue balloon* design to be the selected winner over mine. It's fun, beautifully drawn and is printed on a base-color. It's truly the most marketable of the final contestants. I've sold shirts in shops before and white ones are a tougher sell. That one would have moved a lot of units.

The fact that the stripes holds the highest number of total votes on the Threadless site makes it appear that either the contestant or the site padded the votes. That's 2049 total for him that came all at once, 1722 for mine that was up for a week longer and 1028 for the third place design. Someone really wanted that Benetton Muppet stripes design to win, but the votes didn't matter anyway. I'm disappointed to have lost, but I'm a little offended to have lost to that particular design for both aesthetic grounds and its swift last-minute rise to the top. I'd feel better having been edged-out by any of the other top contestants. Ultimately Threadless and Disney pick the winner and that's the way they decided to go with it so I concede to their wishes.

I've always maintained the Lew Zeland was my favorite over all of them! Thanks everybody for the support. Once Threadless makes the announcement on their site I will figure out the best method to distribute my design if you guys want it.

jacobsnchz

Reaction score
If only there was a way we could still buy your design on a shirt, FrogBoy4... I thought it was the best by far! It was beautifully drawn, it looks like it took a LOT of work (which it probably did), and it best represented the contest theme. I hope we see it someday in stores or online! ;-) Congrats to the winner, though...

Status
Not open for further replies.