"The Great Muppet Caper" free screening in Houston September 17

Robert Saucedo

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I wanted to drop you all a line on some info you might be interested in. The Alamo Drafthouse in Katy, TX is screening a classic 35mm print of THE GREAT MUPPET CAPER on Saturday, September 17 for free. Here's the info from the website:

The Alamo Drafthouse Cinema, Ain’t It Cool News and 8th Dimension Comics & Games are teaming up for a new series at the Alamo Mason Park: Free Kids Club. Every month, we’ll screen a classic movie from the vaults — completely for free. Bring the kids, the whole family or your childhood friends and reminisce over or discover some of the greatest family-friendly movies ever made.
This month: Special rare 35mm screening of THE GREAT MUPPET CAPER (1981)
The Muppets are returning to the big screen this fall but before Kermit, Miss Piggy and the rest of the gang star in THE MUPPETS, we’re celebrating the 30th anniversary of THE GREAT MUPPET CAPER, the second theatrical film to feature Jim Henson’s greatest creations.
Join the gang as they star in a mystery comedy musical. When newspaper reporters Kermit the Frog, Fozzie Bear and Gonzo the Great travel to England to investigate the disappearance of valuable jewels, they become entangled in a plot featuring thieves, love-struck Muppets and the always entertaining Charles Grodin.
Don't miss out on this free event featuring games, giveaways and one very special 35mm screening of one of the best films to star The Muppets. Tickets are only available at the theater's box office so show up early to get seats.
You can find more info here but let me know if you have any questions.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh wow, this is great. Do you know if this is a "restored" print of the film?

Thanks for posting the news.

Robert Saucedo

Reaction score
You know, I'm not sure if it is a restored print or not. As soon as I find out, though, I'll update everybody here on the thread.