The Great Muppet Caper and Muppet Treasure Island coming to Blu-ray December 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToodlesTeam

Reaction score
It is rather strange to see these two films being bundled together, given how thoroughly unrelated they are to each other, but I'm definitely not upset that I'll be able to get both of 'em for a single price!

Drtooth

Reaction score
If this is the only choice then be it but i still think the double feature Blu-ray does not work for these two films. I believe they deserve better yet it's great that at least those of us who really want it can now get it. You know what i wouldn't have minded having as a double feature? MTI & MWOO
Saddling MTI with the Muppet's personal Batman and Robin? I think MWO is best left to be forgotten on the last format. Yes, they're both fairy tale movies, but MTI was well written and MWO was a cynical mash up of pop culture jokes and not too well disguised advertisements for American Idol. I'd rather have 2 Jerry Juhl masterpieces stuck together than a pretty good movie lumped with a epileptic seizure.

I understand what you're getting at, but I severely doubt that a single GMC release would have any of the bonuses we're looking for. Even the Sony release just had stuff from the Odyssey channel. And the Blu-Ray edition The Muppet Movie kinda had the same stuff on the Sony release (barely), and that was it. Not even extended scenes that existed on foreign video releases. So if it were released as a single disk, it probably would be a disappointment and certainly not worth the 20-30 dollar price tag.

Mr Sweetums

Reaction score
I fully agree

I only lumped MWOO with MTI because MWOO would be one of the only movies I probably wouldn't pay for again no matter what yet at the same time MTI is far superior to it.

I remember when MFC was released on R2 and came with a bonus feature of The Christmas Toy, I miss those special surprises :fanatic:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I hope they have the hidden treasures, audio commentary by Brian Henson. if they have that I don't care about anything else.

panmanthe2nd

Reaction score
OH MY GOD THIS IS AMAZING!!!! Sure, I would have much prefered two single releases (and I hope they re-release them separately one day), but it's still great news that they're releasing all of the muppet films on Blu-Ray!

I hope they re-release the soundtracks as well.

JonnyBMuppetMan

Reaction score
Some (but presumably not all) of the bonus features for the upcoming release were just announced on StitchKingdom. The article boasts that it will be "a treasure trove of bonus features," which either means there's more features to be announced, or it'll mostly be MTI-oriented (I'm personally hoping it's the former).

Still, it's good to know that "Let the Good Shine Out," arguably the best song from that old sing-along VHS will be included.

Status
Not open for further replies.