The Future of the Muppets

WalterFan1234

Reaction score
Honestly I think that reruns of the muppet show need to come back. They did fraggle rock, now they need the muppet show. It would give them a whole new fan base. People would go crazy for them. I think a new tv show can happen too. I just hope that is high quality like most other things done by the muppets. Another movie would be great, and I feel the movies are really coming back, especially with the last two. I think the muppets will go on for a long time, they just need to be kept in good hands that really care about the audience.

Drtooth

Reaction score
No offense but if they ever do them in another story adaption that'll be a turn off for me. I know a lot of people liked MCC and MTI but I'd have to pass.
That's a real big step in the wrong direction. MCC and MTi only really worked because of Jerry Juhl's writing. And with MTI, they at least let him be funny. We know the other one, why I hate it. Other than the fact it's a chilling reminder of what Henson could have done if they still owned the characters (especially if Weinstine was still in the picture), it needs to be forgotten. We'd have films closer to that than MTI.

Though the one writer that got it right with a classic retelling? The guy who wrote the Muppet Snow White comic arc. It's what MCC and MTI should have been. Muppet Peter Pan and King Arthur were good too, but there's something about Muppet Snow White that screamed greatness.

THAT'S what we need. Marvel to publish new Muppet comic books. Too bad that's never going to happen.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
I'm open to more literary adaptations if The Muppets want to tackle them- "The Muppet Christmas Carol" and "Muppet Treasure Island" are both great movies as far as I'm concerned- I love them!:smile: (But I love all the Muppet productions, at least to some degree. It's hard for me to not love them...:fanatic:)
But I can understand some of people's concerns about them. They can definitely be limiting for what can be done with The Muppets- but they're still fun to do, in my opinion. And The Muppets have a long history of doing adaptations of previous literary works... (as well as parodies of literature, television, movies, pop culture in general, etc.)
But I'm also happy to see Muppet movies and productions with original storylines involving the characters- it's all good with me.:big_grin: