The Food Thread (Non Instagram Edition)

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
So..... it looks like they’re bringing back the cheesy beefy potato burrito? Just with chipotle sauce instead of sour cream?

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
The only tortilla chips you can eat by themselves are the Tostitos with a hint of lime.
Otherwise they need something.
I wasn’t very much into dips for potato chips until a few years ago. I found a spinach dip I really liked.
And I’d take a bag of Cool Ranch Doritos and drown them in ranch dressing. Even to the point of making the chips soggy.

Potato chips are actually not that hard to make. There is a utensil called a mandolin that slices potatoes paper thin. Then you fry them in oil at 375 degrees for 5 minutes. This is exactly how they do it in factories, or making kettle cooked chips. The most important thing, if the oil isn’t hot enough, you’ll have a soggy mess. Then a little salt and you got your own chips.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Cool Ranch Doritos are my go-to choice for chips. Never cared for the nacho flavored ones, but I'd eat them in 5th grade because I thought they made me look cool: in the cafeteria during lunch, everybody else would have their little red bags with their lunches, and there I'd be with my little blue bag, and I felt so out of place. In other words, nacho Doritos were like cigarettes for me, lol.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Way back when I was a n 5th grade, those little Dorito bags didn’t exist. In fact, there were only three Dorito flavors. Corn- bland naked chips like Tostitos. Taco, which got phased out, and Nacho Cheese.
Pickings were slim.

Any Del

Reaction score
Cool Ranch Doritos are my go-to choice for chips. Never cared for the nacho flavored ones, but I'd eat them in 5th grade because I thought they made me look cool: in the cafeteria during lunch, everybody else would have their little red bags with their lunches, and there I'd be with my little blue bag, and I felt so out of place. In other words, nacho Doritos were like cigarettes for me, lol.
Heh, I experienced something similar like you Snowth. Doritos were like crack cocaine back when I was in elementary school. As soon as they see someone opening up a bag, EVERYONE at the cafeteria table would hound that person for their Doritos until there were none left for the owner.

It got so crazy that the principal had to ban bringing Doritos in school because one kid got beat up for them.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Way back when I was a n 5th grade, those little Dorito bags didn’t exist.
Yeah, I think the little bags of chips were definitely a new thing in the 90s, and they were certainly always aimed at getting kids' attention - how I remember these commercials so well:

One thing I do remember about those Planet Lunch Points was that it seemed like the higher points were always on the lesser popular flavors of certain chips . . . I guess they figure by putting higher points on popular chips and flavors, kids would be collecting points and sending them in for cool stuff too easily.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
One chip I never liked were Fritos. Smelled and tasted last me dirty feet.