The Food Thread (Non Instagram Edition)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Auntie Anne's pretzels are the only soft pretzels I like. I usually like 'em plain, but every once in a while, I'll get the sour cream and onion.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I don’t mind regular soft served pretzels long as there isn’t too much salt on them.

For instance, I’m pretty sure Costco has a reasonable amount of salt to the point it doesn’t feel like it’s absolute **** in your mouth chowing down.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
On any soft pretzel, just a little dab of mustard.
There’s a little pretzel factory in PA called Sturge’s where you can watch the pretzels being made. It starts out as a long thin roll of dough, and they flip each one into a pretzel shape, gets a light coating of salt and egg wash, and into the oven they go. Six minutes and you got a masterpiece.
Auntie Anne’s are great, but these come close.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I just . . . can't bring myself to use any kind of dipping sauce on any of those Auntie Anne's soft pretzels - they're just too good on their own they really don't warrant any kind of enhancement like a dipping sauce.

Now, those pretzel twists at Sonic on the other hand, I don't mind dipping them in their cheese sauce.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Speaking of dips, when it comes to potato chips, the only flavor I tend to actually dip is original/regular, because they generally have no flavor - the dip adds some flavor to them. Otherwise, this is why I usually go for flavored potato chips like sour cream and onion or barbecue.

Similarly, when it comes to plain tortilla chips, I'll dip them in salsa or queso, but I usually prefer queso over salsa.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I just . . . can't bring myself to use any kind of dipping sauce on any of those Auntie Anne's soft pretzels - they're just too good on their own they really don't warrant any kind of enhancement like a dipping sauce.

Now, those pretzel twists at Sonic on the other hand, I don't mind dipping them in their cheese sauce.
I’m the same way with Auntie Anne’s. I appreciate that peanut oil flavor it has when taking a bite. This is also why I get cheeseburgers plain when I go to five guys.

But yes, if it’s a regular soft pretzel then dipping sauce is always a plus.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Speaking of dips, when it comes to potato chips, the only flavor I tend to actually dip is original/regular, because they generally have no flavor - the dip adds some flavor to them. Otherwise, this is why I usually go for flavored potato chips like sour cream and onion or barbecue.

Similarly, when it comes to plain tortilla chips, I'll dip them in salsa or queso, but I usually prefer queso over salsa.
I’m not really a big dip fan when it comes to potato chips unless it’s like ruffles with sour cream or ranch dipping. But yes, I feel the same with tortilla chips.