The first Muppets Palisades figure you bought?

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Just for the sake of discussing, what was the first figure you bought from the Palisades line of Muppets.

For me it was Dr. Teeth back when the series first came out. I bought him at that Sam Goody that use to be in the mall. For whatever reason, they had the figures up but no price, they wound up selling it to me for $14.99 which as it turns out was too much as they were suppose to be $9.99, not that I was upset about it since they shoot up in value in no time. I still remember the guy there gave me a thumbs up for buying Dr. Teeth. It was a toss up for me on Kermit or Teeth, but I just had to go for Teeth.

Yours?

rowlfy662

Reaction score
for me it was both kermit and piggy way back in 2005 i'm so glad i bought them together on ebay uk and 6 years on i have two shelves of them :smile:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The first two I bought were Dr. Bunsen Honeydew and Dr. Teeth, in the same day. My own excitement as well as fan excitement along with a comment I read from Ken Lilly about Palisades only doing one production run per series of any figures (I think they later did extra production runs on some products) made me worry that the lesser-known characters (who I was more interested in) would sell out faster than Tickle Me Elmo back in 1996.

When I saw the first series of figures, I had enough money to buy all four, but wasn't too interested in Kermit (since I had so many Kermit toys but hardly any of the other Muppet Show characters) or Miss Piggy (perhaps my least favorite of the main characters, plus the figure looked out-of-place among the rest), but after a few weeks of having my Dr. Teeth and Bunsen play with my various Kermit toys,most of which were too big by comparison, I gave in and purchased Kermit when I purchased the Muppet Labs playset with Beaker. I didn't get the Miss Piggy figure until a year later for my birthday.

Hartley

Reaction score
For me it was the backstage playset, in a shop in Sheffield, UK, in about 2004/5. I couldn't believe something so gorgeous could exist and cost, I think, just £40. As you can imagine, I'm VERY glad I bought it, although it started off quite an expensive hobby.

Hubert

Reaction score
I remember seeing them at a store and wanting them, but it was close to either Christmas or my birthday (I can't remember which) so I wanted to wait and see if anyone got me them as a gift. I ended up getting Kermit and Miss Piggy as gifts. The next day I went and got Dr. Teeth and Dr. Bunsen Honeydew from Toys R Us. Those figures are one of the main reasons I'm a Muppet fan.

meepmuppaphones

Reaction score
For me, it was (all at once) Crazy Harry, Rizzo, Classic Sam, and Dr. Bunsen. The first one I ripped open was Sam.:attitude: