The first Muppet products Disney should release

blackurth

Reaction score
what do you think the first products disney should release before making new stuff..here's my list
1.the first three muppet movie soundtracks with outtakes ect, OR a 5 cd box set with the complete muppet movie soundtracks from the muppet movie to very merry muppet christmas with outtakes..
2.the muppet movie,great muppet caper,TMTM dvds re-released with newly remastered 5.1 stereo,2-discs for each movie including interviews,outtakes,sketches drawings,trailers (original not the "coming to dvd" trailers) a tribute to henson on one of the disc,commentary by brian henson and frank oz.....
3."muppet christmas carol" and "muppet treasure island" widescreen editions..
what do you think?

McFraggle

Reaction score
I would say that they will probably re-release the movies in some form. Option 2 would probably be my pick.

Jaga828

Reaction score
Since Disney is so "kid" friendly, I think that we're probably going to see alot of Muppet Babies products hit the market first. The adult Muppets have been in the market for awhile. i.e. Columbia/Tristar Muppet Movies, Time Life The Muppet Show, Pallisades figures. Only now do we have a small amount of Muppet Babies stuff hitting stores. Disney knows that there is a huge adult market for Muppets products, but they are also going to woo new and younger customers. Muppet Babies would be the best way to introduce the young ones to the classic Muppets, as the adult Muppets may be a bit over their heads.
I agree with the re-release of the films, and soundtracks. I would REALLY LOVE to see complete sets of The Muppet Show, Muppet Babies, and Little Muppet Monsters. With the timelife licensing expired, there is a huge demand for Muppet video merchandise from everyone who couldn't get their orders in time AND who long for complete season sets! Disney should capitalize on this demand and release these products by this holiday season. But not just a repackaging of what's already been done, instead a nice Disney Platinum Edition.
Do we have a chance? Fingers are crossed!!
-Chris

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm betting on a nice re-release of the films as well. And I'd love to see MCC and MTI bumped up to widescreen. After all, Disney offers widescreen versions of their own films...

Bean Bunny

Reaction score
Disney has already released new Muppet pins and stuffs in Disney World and Disneyland USA. Expect more stuff in the fall.

King Prawn

Reaction score
I think the first product Disney should put out is the Muppet @ WDW special on DVD, what could be more fitting than this? I'd also like to see a 2-disk special edition of TMM next year to celebrate the Muppets 50th anniversary.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
I think the first product Disney should put out is the Muppet @ WDW special on DVD, what could be more fitting than this? I'd also like to see a 2-disk special edition of TMM next year to celebrate the Muppets 50th anniversary.

Hey lol, ya took BOTH of them right out of my mouth :smile: :wink: :stick_out_tongue:

McFraggle

Reaction score
King Prawn said:
I would really like to see the "Muppets @ WDW" special because I don't think I have ever seen it.

beaker

Reaction score
McFraggle said:
I would really like to see the "Muppets @ WDW" special because I don't think I have ever seen it.

if ONE good thing can come out of this disney buyout, it is Muppets @ WDW uncut on dvd. I LOVVVVVEEEE this special, and consider it the second greatest muppet special ever, right under Muppet Family Xmas.

blackurth

Reaction score

also I would love to see the "muppets 3-d" on dvd with 3-d glasses since it's hensons last project that would be special as well.