The driving experiences thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why I never answer the phone while I'm driving. If it's not an emergency, I'll call back when I'm parked; if it is an emergency and you keep calling me, I'll pull over as soon as I can to answer. And the latter has happened before.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Texting and driving still baffles me. I've been driving for thirty years, and I wouldn't dare take my eyes off the road for a second. (Sirius XM is great. Keep it on Jimmy Buffett's channel, so the radio is one less thing to mess with).

So how anyone can look down for more than two seconds defies logic to me.
Where I live, there's a zero tolerance for texting and driving. You get caught (God help you if you cause an accident), you're gonna get the book thrown at you.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Unfortunately, other places still seem to be rather lax in that department. I see people using their phones while driving all the time.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
(Sirius XM is great. Keep it on Jimmy Buffett's channel, so the radio is one less thing to mess with).
I keep mine on the Broadway channel.

If I do get a text while driving, I'll try to respond when I'm at a STOP or the light. If I get a call, I'll put it on speaker so I don't really need to hold it to my ear.

mariolover

Reaction score
I'm 16, almost 17, and I still don't have my license yet. I still struggle with merging onto the express way, I have trouble focusing sometimes, and I've been honked at on multiple occasions. My parents have explained to me that a car is as deadly as a gun and if you're not focused enough you could end up killing yourself or someone else. I'm not giving up though because driving is super important to me. Hopefully by the time I'm 18 my focus will be better and I'll have my license

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I'm 16, almost 17, and I still don't have my license yet. I still struggle with merging onto the express way, I have trouble focusing sometimes, and I've been honked at on multiple occasions. My parents have explained to me that a car is as deadly as a gun and if you're not focused enough you could end up killing yourself or someone else. I'm not giving up though because driving is super important to me. Hopefully by the time I'm 18 my focus will be better and I'll have my license
Don't give up. You can overcome anything if you want to bad enough.
I'm proud of you for trying. Yes, it takes a good deal of concentration behind the wheel. But if you can accomplish that, there's nothing stopping you.

You're already ahead of a lot of people older than you. People that let fear keep them from trying. Don't be one of them. You can do it!

mariolover

Reaction score
Don't give up. You can overcome anything if you want to bad enough.
I'm proud of you for trying. Yes, it takes a good deal of concentration behind the wheel. But if you can accomplish that, there's nothing stopping you.

You're already ahead of a lot of people older than you. People that let fear keep them from trying. Don't be one of them. You can do it!
I just passed my road test today and got my license! I am very excited!