"The Doozers" preschool series under development

Drtooth

Reaction score
If there are 2 projects Henson was bonkers to not pursue, it was Happy Time Murders and Unnamed CGI Doozers project.

Face it... all we're really getting out of Henson these days are CGI based kid's shows (one with digital puppetry, one just regular CGI). And They're both doing well for themselves. Dino King seems to be really doing alright with all that merchandise out there. I'm sure PBS's ratings for the show are good.

The movie's probably never going to happen... trying to tie this into a film that doesn't even exist is only holding this project back. And who knows? A Doozer based cartoon series might just perk up Fraggle Rock interest a little more than just re-releasing old Marvel comics and giving board books away at Taco Bell. If nothing else, we'd be able to buy Doozer toys, even if the show stinks.

Collgoff

Reaction score
I don't think that Doozer show will happen in a million years!
But I still think the Fraggle rock movie will work!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Neither have a likelihood of happening... but for perspective...

One costs millions of dollars to produce, the other will cost much, much less and reach more people as long as they don't stick it on cable again.

Oh, how I'd love to see Super Why's sorry butt cancelled so PBS can make way for another Henson based show.

thiefb0ss

Reaction score
I doubt they'd be able to reboot ANYTHING... but if Henson was smart, instead on focusing on huge movies like Fraggle Rock and POTDC, they need some more small projects to assert themselves. Doozers would be a great choice, and a way to drum up interest for the movie. I'd love to see them use the Fraggles in puppet form (even if it's just Red) as a hosting/framing device.
I'd personally rather see Gobo host the show. Though Red probably host the show because Hub made her the mascot with the reruns.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'd see some sort of very brief opening where a Fraggle would say something like "look at those Doozers! I wonder what they're thinking?" Something very breif. But if we can't have that, it's okay by me.

Still... I really want to see them actually try harder on this than the movie. Neither is going to happen without any effort, and a preschool show IS the effort.

thiefb0ss

Reaction score
I'd see some sort of very brief opening where a Fraggle would say something like "look at those Doozers! I wonder what they're thinking?" Something very breif. But if we can't have that, it's okay by me.

Still... I really want to see them actually try harder on this than the movie. Neither is going to happen without any effort, and a preschool show IS the effort.
I hope so. I'd want to sample it if it ever comes around. Sounds interesting.

beaker

Reaction score
I honestly don't know why anyone truly believed JHC would follow through on Doozers, FR movie, DC2, or a zillion other things they announced. It's become a joke.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I honestly don't know why anyone truly believed JHC would follow through on Doozers, FR movie, DC2, or a zillion other things they announced. It's become a joke.
Doozers makes sense, anyway. All they're really doing is CGI kid's shows on PBS... seems like a good fit for them. Budget can't be that high... I'd bet if it wasn't digital puppetry, they'd just use another foreign animation studio and get Canadians to voice it... save all that money. There's plenty of reasons why FR the movie and POTDC won't happen. But Doozers is the kind of thing they SHOULD have tried harder with.

Maybe PBS loves it's precious Super Why too much to give it one of their time slots.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Doozers makes sense, anyway. All they're really doing is CGI kid's shows on PBS... seems like a good fit for them. Budget can't be that high... I'd bet if it wasn't digital puppetry, they'd just use another foreign animation studio and get Canadians to voice it... save all that money. There's plenty of reasons why FR the movie and POTDC won't happen. But Doozers is the kind of thing they SHOULD have tried harder with.

Maybe PBS loves it's precious Super Why too much to give it one of their time slots.
Or Sid the Since Kid! (That show is NOT Henson like)

Drtooth

Reaction score
Sid at least uses digital puppetry. And you know something? I like Henson's digital puppetry. I like Sid, but I LOVE the Skrumps. Too bad nothing came out of that last one, except for that Archaia comic written by the guy who originally created it.

CGI Doozers wouldn't be that expensive or inaccessible for little kids. For all they know, this isn't a franchise relaunch, it's a new series. If it gets interest up for a movie, good... if it doesn't, it doesn't. At least we'll see some Doozer merchandise.

I mean, look how moderately successful Dinosaur Train is. I'm sure another PBS show would drum up interest in the characters.