The David Bowie Returns Thread

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I'm glad to see he is back and recording. The song is pretty good, though a little downbeat.

Related topic of discussion: favorite David Bowie songs. I love "Space Oddity", "Life On Mars", "Quicksand", "Time", "1984", "Stay", "Beauty And The Beast", and "Teenage Wildlife" to name a few.

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
"Life on Mars," "Oh You Pretty Things" and "Big Brother" are some of my favorites.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Hey! The Goblin King is back! Er..I mean, uh, David Bowie! Yaaaayyy!!

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Yes yes yes yes yes. Yes. Yesyes. YESSSSSSSSSSSS. *cough* I mean yeah, I guess I'm marginally excited.

(Seriously, when I first joined MC a looong time ago I learned of Bowie through Labyrinth and over the years I've become a HUGE fan.)

Favourite songs? Ermmm... The Man who sold the world is one of 'em. Way too many to decide.

dwmckim

Reaction score
So glad he's back - ten years after his last work is way too long for such a master musician!

Bowie's long been a favorite. I can still remember the giddy excitement of hearing he would actually be the lead in a Jim Henson film - talk about feeling like Christmas! (Then the exact same giddiness about learning he'd be in the Twin Peaks movie...with Chris Issak!!!)

So many wonderful tracks throughout his career it's so hard to pick faves but i do have soft spots for Laughing Gnome, Life on Mars?, Fame, Under Pressure (especially when he performed it with Annie Lennox and i seriously thought she was about to bite him vampire style on the neck) China Girl, This is Not America, Underground, Time Will Crawl, Adrian Belew's Pretty Pink Rose, and Hallo Spaceboy.