The Count, The Amazing Mumford, and the wedding

Censored

Reaction score
The "Sesame Street Unpaved" book says that the Count and Mumford share the same head. But, do they really? At the wedding of Luis and Maria, the Count and Mumford are both seen at the same time on opposite ends of the aisle. It didn't look like trick photography either. I really don't understand what the point would be of using one Muppet for different roles anyhow. It seems like it would be easy enough to make another one in case they ever have to be seen together. Did anyone else notice this?

Another interesting observation I made about the wedding is that Gordon talks to Luis before the wedding and asks him how he's holding up, yet Bob was his best man. That seemed kind of strange.

Just a few observations about an interesting episode.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
They mean that they both have the heads made from the same Patterns. Just like Betty Lou and Prairie, Or Lefty the Salesman and Farley.

core

Reaction score
I'm sure the Count and the Amazing Mumford don't real share the same head,
Because the nose of The Amazing Mumfort is a little bit smaller than the nose of the count and he is also more balding.

But I have to admit they are related very much of each other.
Maybe they are brothers?

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
The heads are the same. The nose, eyes, hair, teeth, tongues, ears are all different. Its just the head.

Splurge

Reaction score
I think in the early days of Sesame Street, there was usually just one different blank head for an Anything Muppet, one Fat Blue, Tall Orange, Pointy Headed Green, one base head for a Guy Smiley and so on. But over the years things change, and they must have found in their budget to make multiple AM bases, so that yes, you can have two Fat Blues in the same shot and Guy Smiley and Don Music can be in the same scene, and even the Count and Forgetful Jones can appear together.

To summarize: they may have had less at the beginning, but now they have more. :smile:

Don_Music_2004

Reaction score
I think by 1988 the company was doing really well and had enough money to buy Multiple heads. :stick_out_tongue: :confused: :smirk:

Censored

Reaction score
Don_Music_2004 said:
I think by 1988 the company was doing really well and had enough money to buy Multiple heads. :stick_out_tongue: :confused: :smirk:
Probably so. They had already introduced the Two-Headed Monster a few years earlier.

Censored

Reaction score
Speaking of Muppet heads. Does anyone remember an old Colorforms set with anything muppets that you could put different faces to?