The closing themes of Sesame Street

mariolover

Reaction score
What year did CTW start using that one, and when did they stop? Was that one featured at the end of episode #560 at the Museum of Television & Radio? :smile:
The steering wheel credit sequence was used from seasons 6-9

Johnmhowarth

Reaction score
@ssetta, do you remember which Sesame Street season 24 episodes w/o Muppet Wiki pages have the harmonica closing?

mariolover

Reaction score
Does anyone remember if early Season 30 airings had the Spaghettios sponsor? I heard someone on this forum say they remember seeing Spaghettios for Season 29 or 30.

Along with an announcer with a really deep voice that sounded like Mewtwo from Pokemon The First Movie after Big Bird says Toodle-oo saying "Funding for Sesame Street is brought to you by....."

Did this version of the funding actually exist? Or does it only exist in his imagination? Was it seen on early Season 30 airings before the funding announcer switched to Roscoe Orman?

I know memory can be very malleable and primitive and it's easy for our minds to recall stuff that never actually happened.

I've just never seen this version of the funding before and I never heard of it until I heard the person on Muppet Central talk about it.

It was luke kun who said this on Page 17

Last edited:

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
Thanks. I kind if prefer the Season 8 clip more, due to being an upbeat disco version.

tutter_fan

Reaction score
I must say that the disco version of the theme with the credits was just so funky & so awesome!!!! It'd be interesting if there happened to be like a 'break-dance' version of the theme with ending credits.

Buff Beaker

Reaction score
I must say that the disco version of the theme with the credits was just so funky & so awesome!!!! It'd be interesting if there happened to be like a 'break-dance' version of the theme with ending credits.
I agree that was my favorite of the closing themes.

crackmaster

Reaction score
Along with an announcer with a really deep voice that sounded like Mewtwo from Pokemon The First Movie after Big Bird says Toodle-oo saying "Funding for Sesame Street is brought to you by....."

Did this version of the funding actually exist? Or does it only exist in his imagination? Was it seen on early Season 30 airings before the funding announcer switched to Roscoe Orman?

I know memory can be very malleable and primitive and it's easy for our minds to recall stuff that never actually happened.

I've just never seen this version of the funding before and I never heard of it until I heard the person on Muppet Central talk about it.

It was luke kun who said this on Page 17
I was Rumia/Luke kun, and I actually made that up. I was like twelve at the time.