The Chipmunks

Drtooth

Reaction score
The problem is simple. They just want to market directly to little kids, and they don't think a 1960's show is going to resonate with them.

A show made in the 80's full of 80's references that even says it takes place in the 80's... somehow that's better. :rolleyes:

At one point some company did express interest in a complete (or volume by volume) Alvin Show series, but they backed out, presumably the deal with Paramount was kinda to blame. If the Bagdasarians weren't such copyright fascists, you could at least see them on YT.

Personally, I only mourn the absence of Clyde Crashcup.

Rugratskid

Reaction score
I'm guessing so, not sure though. Hopefully it's TAS.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Wow, this has got to be the worst release yet:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Alvin-Chipmunks-Driving-Dave-Crazier/18710

Four episodes, three of which have already been previously released, and on top of that, the cover art is in such low resolution and quality, it's hard to get the effect of it, but it looks terrible... is Theodore wearing a turban or something? And I can't tell - is he riding a skateboard, or latching on to Dave's leg?

Rugratskid

Reaction score
Wow, this has got to be the worst release yet:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Alvin-Chipmunks-Driving-Dave-Crazier/18710

Four episodes, three of which have already been previously released, and on top of that, the cover art is in such low resolution and quality, it's hard to get the effect of it, but it looks terrible... is Theodore wearing a turban or something? And I can't tell - is he riding a skateboard, or latching on to Dave's leg?
Wow, that's pretty bad. I'm really sick and tired of the same episodes from the same series over and over again. It's always the 80's series... always the same episodes.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'll give them this. The original Paramount DVD's are out of print by now, clearly. At least this keeps those same episodes in circulation. I really wish they'd do something for older fans, but they're only interested in the 5 year olds that still like the movies.