The breakfast cereal thread

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Eh, like you said above, the chocolate strawberry Cheerios will probably be back for Valentine's. Not that I would buy it nor eat it, I don't like the taste of chocolatey milk even though I do like a good cuppa of hot chocolate.
I'll just stick to me plain oat Cheerios thank you very much. :frown:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
They make a Chocolate Strawberry Special K which has a longer shelf life.

Limited Edition cereals are funny. Sometimes they’re just that. Make a small batch and when they’re gone, they’re gone.

Other times they’ll introduce a new flavor and give it a soft push. If it doesn’t move, bye bye. If it moves fast, they might ramp up production.
Also depends on where you shop. If you see something in Aldi, grab it or you’ll never see it again.
But then again that could be a gamble too. You buy ten boxes of Chocolate Frosted Sugar Bombs in an impulse. You don’t like it, and you’re stuck with 9 1/2 boxes.

At least you can use it as Kitty Litter.

Any Del

Reaction score
Make sure the cats don't end up eating it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
There were those strawberry rice krispies that lasted a good couple of years or so, but they're gone now.

I suppose if I really wanted to, I could just get a box of chocolate Cheerio's and strawberry Cheerio's, and just mix them together . . . after all, that's what I did with regular rice krispies, cocoa krispies, and strawberry krispies to create "Neapolitan Krispies."

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Just had a bowl of Cocoa Puffs for the first time in . . . I honestly don't even remember how long it's been since I've had Cocoa Puffs . . . but, what I don't remember is the cereal tasting so . . . corny . . . like I could really taste the corn in the puffs.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I mean that’s pretty much what it is; corn puffs with artificial chocolate flavoring.

Not even gonna lie, I’ve liked the cereal less as I got older. And this is coming from a chocolate lover.

Any Del

Reaction score
To each their own. I LOVE eating their cereal.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I mean I don’t hate it. It’s just a cereal I don’t go out of my way to eat. I have to really be in the mood.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I mean that’s pretty much what it is; corn puffs with artificial chocolate flavoring.
I know that, I'm just saying the corn flavor is far more apparent than I ever remember it being. I don't even know if I can chalk it up to being older and having a different taste like you say, if it's also possible they've changed it over the years, much like other cereals like Trix or Berry Berry Kix.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Well your taste buds change every seven years (I believe), so I do think age could also be a contributing factor to it.