The breakfast cereal thread

Teheheman

Reaction score
Personally, I think that they should make Marshmallow Alpha-Bits where the Y is half-marshmallow, half-regular because Y is sometimes a vowel.

Daniel

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Personally, I think that they should make Marshmallow Alpha-Bits where the Y is half-marshmallow, half-regular because Y is sometimes a vowel.

Daniel
Is something like that even half possible?

Hayley B

Reaction score
Any of you ever tried Marshmallow Pebbles? Is that any good?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I think I have, but I don't recall being impressed by it... Pebbles is one of those cereals that you really can't add anything special to it, because it kind of ruins the whole effect. I know they've tried making "crunchier" Pebbles in the past, and I think presently they have "Cupcake Pebbles" or something like that that have crunchier Pebbles with little rainbow sprinkles on them.

I like both Cocoa and Fruity Pebbles, but the problem I have with 'em anymore is they get stuck to your teeth very easily when you chew 'em.

Hayley B

Reaction score
Yeah, it looks like vanilla pebbles. So, far just the look of it doesn't that great. I thought maybe it would be a little better if they put that in the Cocoa Pebbles.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I can't believe after all these years I still remember this song:

Does anyone remember at one point that same year they had a new version of Rice Krispies that was like all different colors? I saw this past Christmas they did something similar where they had Christmas Krispies that were red and green. Missed out on it, but whatevs. I tend to get Frosted Krispies anyway; save the need for having to add additional sugar.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I like the sorcer mickey cereal that was out for a while.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, they made a follow up to the infamous Saturday-yaaahh General Mills ad. Can't find it on Youtube, though. It features a girl this time, and it's...well... at least a bit more coherent.

Meanwhile, I have to admit, I like the odd Adventure Time Wanna-be angle the new Lucky Charms ads have.

If for no other reason it features some big name voice actors. I swear the Star Marshmallow is Peter Browngardt doing his Uncle Grandpa voice.

But the one General Mills commercial I have to praise is this new one for Cocoa Puffs.

They brought back Chuck McCann to voice Gramps, a character not seen in a Cocoa Puffs ad since the 70's. Nice to know that while all the other GM cereal ads are trying to go for new directions to stay relevant, they chose this one specifically to stick to their roots.